Make a donation

Author Topic: Cornwall VW Jamboree - Friday 28th - Monday 31st August 2009  (Read 7683 times)

Offline VC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
The Cornwall VW Jamboree is run by Cornwall Volkswagen Owners Club and is one of the longest running club shows in the UK, it has been around since 1986 and is now in it's 23rd year.  Last years show saw a huge jump in the number of visitors, we estimate around 9500 attended.  The event is supported by aircooled and watercooled enthusiasts alike and we hope to be able to offer something for everyone.  This years Jamboree will again be held at it's regular venuw, Stithians Agricultural Showground, near Falmouth, only a few minutes from the main A39.

The Jamboree has, over the years earned the reputation of being one of the most friendly and relaxed shows around.  It is now one of the premier VW events in the SouthWest of England.  We have all the usual things you would expect at a VW show, see below.  Do keep this site bookmarked as it will be updated as our plans progress.

Friday Night...

The evenings entertainment will begin at 6pm when the bar in the main marquee opens.  Starting at 6pm with a Family Disco.  From 8pm onwards the main entertainment will begin with a mixture of Bands and our in house DJ.  The main band for Friday evening will be 'Devil's Creek', with their own style of Blues Rock.

Saturday...

On Saturday there will be the usual Trade Stands in the main arena.  Richard Ready, Mr. Wacky and Busy Bodies will be on hand during the afternoon to help keep the kids entertained.  There will also be bouncy castles and other children's activities. The now resident Belfast Busker will be playing his own brand of one man Irish Folk music.

Saturday Night...

Fancy Dress Party in marquee:  The fancy dress theme for 2009 is 'Mellow Yellow', so you can make of that what you will.   There will be a Family Disco from 6pm and the highlight of the evenings will be the excellent 'Ginger Hitlas', who will be performing two sets throughout the evening.  You can find out more about the 'Ginger Hitlas' by visiting their MySpace page via the link below...

Sunday...

On Sunday the Trade Stands will be open as usual and be sure to get out there nice and early as Sunday is the busiest day of the Weekend.  The CVWOC HQ will be accepting entries for the 'Show n' Shine' competition, between 9am and 11am.  There will be a full static display area for all the vehicles (Please Note:  Whilst Dogs are welcome at the Jamboree, there will be no dogs allowed in the Show n' Shine area).  The presentation for the Show n' Shine will take place at approximatley 3pm outside the main marquee.

Again on Sunday there will be children's entertainment from Richard Ready, Mr. Wacky and Busy Bodies, as well as a bouncy castles.  There will also be another set from the 'Belfast Busker'.

Sunday Night...

Sunday night is the last night of the Jamboree and is normally a chilled out affair.  The evenings entertainment will start at 6pm with the usual Family Disco.  The will also be two sets from the fabulous 'Orse Band', as well as a Disco from our resident DJ.

Entry and Camping Prices for 2009...

Weekend Camping & Entry (Friday Arrival):
£25.00 per person (in advance only).
£30.00 per person (on the gate).

Weekend Camping & Entry (Saturday Arrival):
£20.00 per person (in advance only).
£25.00 per person (on the gate).

Day Entry Only (No Camping):
£5.00 per person, per day.  Day vistors must leave site by 11.30pm.

Entry & camping for Children 14 and under are free of charge.

Club camping available  :innocent:

http://www.cvwoc.co.uk/jamboree/index.html

Offline tonym1

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Cornwall VW Jamboree - Friday 28th - Monday 31st August 2009
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 09:35:43 pm »
MMM right on my door step thinks me might have a look at this.

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 02:30:06 pm »
TTT  :happy2:

Offline WhiteHartMart

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 06:59:48 am »
I'm up the other end of the county ........ but the missus has talked about taking the kids for a weekend of camping so this could be perfect  :happy2:
Tornado Red 5dr Edition 30 - DSG, MFSW, Rear Parking Sensors, ipod connection, Carbon intake & ITG filter - go faster mods to follow!!!

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 03:50:19 pm »
a very chilled out show, more family orientated than most, i'll be taking my clan  :happy2:

heading there for show n shine day (sunday)

Offline pomme

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 07:01:40 pm »
will see you there mate  :jumpmove:

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 07:42:53 pm »
Good stuff... I might have pimped das auto by then Now I've sussed what I wanna do and if the weather holds..... You?  :wink:

Offline pomme

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 09:17:36 pm »
well roof is done so thats all good  :jumpmove: :jumpmove: :jumpmove: :drinking:

just need to finish the rest of the detail followed by redoing my gauge pod.

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 03:56:49 pm »
The roads are swamped with some orsum dubs at the moment  :jumping:

it's jamboree weekend! :jumpmove:

Offline pomme

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 05:19:17 pm »
I had a great time at the show except for the rain, i was like a drowned rat there, but still managed to have fun.

And picked up third in the water modified class which i heard had 28 entries so i was pretty pleased :) :) :)

Unfortunately didnt manage to get any pics, did anyone?

And got to say VCs car looked great and was really weird as the paint looked two colours with his latest addition :)

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 10:51:07 am »
It wasn't rain it was just very thick Cornish mist  :grin:

pomme mate not trying to blow sunshine up your a$$ too much but your car looked stunning, cherry junior is a huge fan now too after seeing it drop  :jumpmove:

personally I think you should have easily won your class  :confused:

I got loads of positive feedback on my graphics, heaps of new customers as a result

no trophies for me though, out of 4 I came 4th! :grin: I expected no less considering I didn't even wash her.... All about exposure for sticky cherry  :innocent:

Offline WhiteHartMart

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 11:06:07 am »
Gutted I missed this - had a lovely bank holiday/birthday weekend decorating our newly built nursery - I guess there's always next year  :smiley:
Tornado Red 5dr Edition 30 - DSG, MFSW, Rear Parking Sensors, ipod connection, Carbon intake & ITG filter - go faster mods to follow!!!

Offline pomme

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 03:24:43 pm »
cheers mate but the other cars in my category were ace considering they both have been in the superclass last year so i was pretty happy, especially as james's car is known as being ace.

did you get nay pics mate?

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 08:27:39 pm »
No mate, in my rush to get out the door I left the camera behind  :ashamed:

have found none on the interweb as yet either