All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Customer Service, Relationships, and Expectations....
RedRobin:
--- Quote from: CocoPops on July 14, 2009, 09:13:31 am ---
Shame I'm posting on my phone, could have said a lot in this thread.
I've not read the thread to which this is linked, but my gearbox one is closely linked I'm sure.
I've said before, but will say again. I do find RR's comments to be very opinionated and sometimes blinkered and I see the same sentiments here as well.
It's a shame, but I do read a number of comments now wondering what the personal gain of the poster is as the comments almost seem to be given oblivious to the fact there are issues.
We all have different expectations, but unless there are favours to be done, everything costs money and a service of reasonable quality is deserved.
I've said enough for now, I can only read a few words at a time in the "posting box" on the phone, so I hope it makes sense!
Lee
--- End quote ---
....Yes, it all makes sense, Lee :happy2:
Indeed we do all have differing expectations but we all wish for a service of reasonable quality, as you say.
This topic is NOT about yours or anyone else's individual issue - It's been prompted by known issues but is a general discussion (or intended to be!). Perhaps I should I add a huge heading in capital letters about this point!
You could call anyone opinionated who bothers to express their opinions strongly, and especially if you don't happen to agree. If you read my original post here (and I don't assume you either want to or have time to) I hope you will understand me better.
There are issues - Issues with my 'favourite' suppliers even! I don't know a single supplier which I can't criticise and point at issues.
Why do some people have to translate absolutely everything into terms of costing money. And, equally, why do some people think that nothing is done without a favour being expected. Hey! I'm the guy who gave Dave a free ride (except for food and 50% accommodation) to Nurburgring without expecting any return favours. It was my way of doing something for a guy who'd just done a hard tour of duty in a war zone. Don't worry, Dave, you're not my bitch! My attitude is that someone else may do me a favour in life sometime - Or not as the case may be.
Thanks for posting, Lee - Appreciated :happy2:
prepree:
What a thread............. ok my 2ps worth.......
As some previous posts have stated I like them don’t contribute to the site on a level compared to Steve, RR, VC, Hurdy, TC etc (sorry if iv forgotten anyone obvious) purely as I don’t have the knowledge on tuning or the funds to be able to do them YET! However id say my knowledge has improved loads since I first joined and that is down to all of your posts, I for one enjoy readings RR reviews on products, I also think it’s a great thing for the forum to have a member who gets these “perks†so he can share with all of us, which he does! I also think he’s quite fair when it comes to not slating any other vendor.
Maybe he is a little biased but if you had a good experience and a continued one of awesome products you may jump to there defense a bit. As long as he doesn’t slate other vendors products with out a true experience he’s only standing up for what he believes in.
The customer service OP is such an open ended discussion as peoples lives, demands, opinions are all different IMO. What i may deem acceptable maybe shocking or not acceptable in anothers eyes and vice versa.
Im quite a laid back guy, if I sent an email enquiring about a product it would be at the beginning of a thought/project so if it took 5 days to reply or even two weeks I would be ok with that as if I wanted an answer there and then I would have phoned them.
It’s a totally different matter though if there is a message saying we will reply with 48 hours, and they don’t for 2 weeks, that’s poor customer service. If I called and someone promised to call me back and didn’t, again this is poor customer service. They should also expect to loose custom and be slated because of this.
Companies struggle with growth and change, maybe this explains VWR, they should have waited until everything was set up before launching there product range.
As I said before though everyone’s expectations on time scales etc are going to be different, the end goal should be satisfaction whether you are spending £1 or £1,000,000.00
Just my 2ps worth
GROUP HUG :grouphug:
RedRobin:
--- Quote from: prepree on July 14, 2009, 10:24:02 am ---What a thread............. ok my 2ps worth.......
As some previous posts have stated I like them don’t contribute to the site on a level compared to Steve, RR, VC, Hurdy, TC etc (sorry if iv forgotten anyone obvious) purely as I don’t have the knowledge on tuning or the funds to be able to do them YET! However id say my knowledge has improved loads since I first joined and that is down to all of your posts, I for one enjoy readings RR reviews on products, I also think it’s a great thing for the forum to have a member who gets these “perks†so he can share with all of us, which he does! I also think he’s quite fair when it comes to not slating any other vendor.
Maybe he is a little biased but if you had a good experience and a continued one of awesome products you may jump to there defense a bit. As long as he doesn’t slate other vendors products with out a true experience he’s only standing up for what he believes in.
--- End quote ---
....THANK YOU! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Someone who understands me! Do you cook? I love pussy, will you marry me? Only joking! I do assure you! :grin:
--- Quote from: prepree on July 14, 2009, 10:24:02 am ---
The customer service OP is such an open ended discussion as peoples lives, demands, opinions are all different IMO. What i may deem acceptable maybe shocking or not acceptable in anothers eyes and vice versa.
Im quite a laid back guy, if I sent an email enquiring about a product it would be at the beginning of a thought/project so if it took 5 days to reply or even two weeks I would be ok with that as if I wanted an answer there and then I would have phoned them.
It’s a totally different matter though if there is a message saying we will reply with 48 hours, and they don’t for 2 weeks, that’s poor customer service. If I called and someone promised to call me back and didn’t, again this is poor customer service. They should also expect to loose custom and be slated because of this.
Companies struggle with growth and change, maybe this explains VWR, they should have waited until everything was set up before launching there product range.
As I said before though everyone’s expectations on time scales etc are going to be different, the end goal should be satisfaction whether you are spending £1 or £1,000,000.00
Just my 2ps worth
GROUP HUG :grouphug:
--- End quote ---
....I'd say your 2p is worth quite a lot.
I've wanted to avoid mentioning VWR by name because when I do so I get accused of all sorts of things. However, just as an example - Yes, I agree that ideally they may have done better to have waited. BUT, this would have probably meant a riskier investment before getting a feel for the non-racing market. This applies to any supplier expanding or entering a new market in these difficult economic times. As Sam Roach, their MD, has posted here: They are very aware indeed of their shortcomings and trying their best to make improvements. I don't believe that such changes happen overnight and it's entirely up to others if they can be satisfied or not. All I know is, that I am very satisfied. And for the record, I recieve no personal discount nor have any vested interest - I just enthusiastically support other genuine enthusiasts, which they are.
My father used to tell me that I could only try my best, and that's what I see happening. I know that if I had been a more hard-nosed cold-hearted character in my working life, I would be far richer now. However, without going into personal stuff, I do assure everyone here that there are more important things in life than standards of customer service and money. No apologies if that sounds opinionated - It's simply my experience of life. Take it or leave it.
:happy2: 8) :happy2:
tony_danza:
I'm a stubborn git, but I won't go so far as to cut my nose off to spite my face.
I've had rotten service from somewhere in the past: smashed windscreen, fitting of parts I'd not requested and then attempting to put me over a barrel to pay for them, knackered rear calipers from not using the right tool to wind them back... Mistakes and accidents happen, yes - but a "tough sh*t" or "prove it was us" attitude bitters the pill, even if I got them sorted in the end. And, sadly I could tell you a hundred other stories from people with similar experiences who'll never use them again either.
I don't name them on forums, because you don't burn your bridges. Money talks and if in the event of them having something I want a reasonable amount cheaper than anywhere else, I'll buy it - it cuts me up, and I avoid doing it at all costs, but I'm not stupid. However, a car of mine will never EVER go into their workshop again.
I'm not afraid to argue my point publically if I think I have been unfairly treated and it is in the interests of others to see how. I will not do it when it is unjustified to just get leverage by a forum jury - people have a perfectly good ability to ruin their own businesses and all comes out in time, they don't need a forum to do it for them. Facts rule - witch hunts don't.
Dealing with people is a simple 3 strikes and you're on my 'list' - 2 places very recently have failed to call me back, despite me chasing 3 times trying to give them my money. I always call, rather than email - that's a very flawed means of communication IMO, easily forgotten, impersonal and usually for no good reason gets people's backs up.
If you've got that much work on you can't cope with replying to people, employ more staff. If you can't be arsed replying to people, don't moan when you're going down the pan.
And finally going on to recommending people. I'll sing the praises of a company/product all day long - I will never defend them against somone else's complaint though. As soon as I see people taking a personal interest in something that has nothing to do with them directly, I get the impression (rightly or wrongly) that they have been 'bought off', and concequently they lose credibility in my eyes in terms of being relied upon for an honest opinion.
RedRobin:
--- Quote from: tony_danza on July 14, 2009, 11:17:36 am ---
And finally going on to recommending people. I'll sing the praises of a company/product all day long - I will never defend them against somone else's complaint though. As soon as I see people taking a personal interest in something that has nothing to do with them directly, I get the impression (rightly or wrongly) that they have been 'bought off', and concequently they lose credibility in my eyes in terms of being relied upon for an honest opinion.
--- End quote ---
....Yes, I can see that some people might easily interpret some of my posts as defending a favourite supplier against someone else's complaint. In truth, rightly or wrongly, I only ever seek to bring balance to issues IF, and only IF, my own experience has been different and not doing so might result in unfair bias and unjustified damage to reputation.
I do assure you that no-one has bought me off but it's of course it's up to others how they decide to judge my credibility or my honesty.
:happy2:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version