All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Kw Hydraulic lift suspension.

<< < (2/2)

RedRobin:
....

I was seriously interested in the KW Lift system for totally practical reasons - So I could better negotiate some speed bumps and indoor carpark ramps. But the £2.5k cost is ridiculous, even if it raised the car 100mm!

My car managed 95% of obstacles and just occasionally scrapes the underneath. I don't care about this and just tape it up or spray touch-up paint locally. When the damage gets too much I'll either get it repaired properly by the bodyshop guys I know, or buy a different splitter from VWR.

JPC:
i would love to see how that works in an every day environment.

25-30mm might be enough if they werent ridiculously low to start with.

then again, 2.5k is quite steep

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: JPC on July 15, 2009, 10:47:48 am ---i would love to see how that works in an every day environment.

25-30mm might be enough if they werent ridiculously low to start with.

then again, 2.5k is quite steep

--- End quote ---

....Yes, I fall into that 'ridiculously low' category and I think KW have somehow missed the point by not catering for lowered cars - Isn't it lowered cars like mine (not airbag slammed) which need them the most? But still not at £2.5k!!

As I said, they do work absolutely beautifully - Real eeeeeeasy and as smooooth as a vintage Rolls-Royce - Just not enough lift and far too expensive, even for just one axle.

JPC:
good point well demonstrated sir! ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version