All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Noise when car in neutral and clutch pedal released
Peskarik:
Manual Ed30.
Just changed the clutch a few days ago.
Today I noticed when I stopped at red light, put gear in neutral and released clutch pedal that I hear noise from the clutch. And when I depress the pedal I hear how the disk stops rotating. :surprised:
No clutch slip, no problems changing gear.
Anyone else has this noise?
What could it be?
snapey:
I've got the exatct same thing, happened when I had a new clutch in mine 5 months ago. I'm still trying to get it sorted under warrant and I'll be on the phone to vw again in the morning.
But in my case it seems as though the input shaft on the gearboxs bearings have gone.
My be thrust bearing it's very hard to tell and the dealers are about as much use as.
Hope this helps
Greeners:
Was going to say thrust bearing. :happy2:
pazz:
Are they non-standard clutch's?
snapey:
Mine's standard, i had the fly and clutch done under warranty, it's a lot loader when the car cold as well.
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version