Make a donation

Author Topic: WHICH HPFP  (Read 7013 times)

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
Re: WHICH HPFP
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 08:41:17 pm »
well i went balls out and the missus banged the apr pump on the credit card lmao damm shes good to me  :grin: :grin:

So you just cought the summersale and the 10% off ?
I have my spare pump shipped rebuilt from the states as i write :o))

I'm not sure lol £717 doesnt seem like much of a sale  :sad1: but if it helps my car go quick i'm in ha ha.

I think thats practically all the parts now as soon as this arrives i'll get myself booked in to revo for a stage 2 +

I shipped it to the states for rebuild, and because i had a spare pump i paid the equvalent of 371£ for the rebuild minus shipping  :jumping:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 08:42:29 pm »
Nice one luke balls deep as usual.  :grin:

Has anyone had a pump and FP map fitted to a Golf without the exhaust changed?

I am sure you know this but i cant see much of  point of going 2+ and pump without the exhaust to free it all up. It would be like driving round with hay fever or a heavy cold. Everything will be bunged up. I know your main factor is cost but you should not underestimate the difference the zorst makes.  :happy2:

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 08:44:30 pm »
I know where your comin from TC, but did you read this

Have a read of this its interesting...

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=72956

:happy2:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 09:04:41 pm »
Thats a great thread, i love those type of threads.  :smiley:

I can only give my view on the benefits as i fitted the zorst first, there was a definite increase in mid range grunt and a loss of torque at the bottom end. which suited me fine as it made it easier  to get off the line.
When i went stage 2 revo which is designed for the added zorst it brought the whole thing together and it felt a great deal better all round less wheel spin and a wider power band. I am sure he is right that if you only boot it occasionally then doing it without the zorst is a viable option, but i think he needs to go in one with the full compliment as i think it will start him saving up straight away.  :happy2:

Offline Msportman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2009, 09:21:29 pm »
I know where your comin from TC, but did you read this

Have a read of this its interesting...

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=72956

:happy2:

I read this post and tend to agree that the exhaust especially on the Ed 30 works pretty well especially if you gauge the huge step you get just on a re-map on stage 1.

The HPFP will certainly help in the mid range from what I have seen and the icing on the cake will be the exhaust.

I'm going down the same road this Thursday at Awesome. I 've got APR Stage 1 with absolutely nothing else done. I've even got a stock filter in the air box but I will be interested to see the result on the dyno as I will be going to their stage 1 high flow fuel pump map. They have tailored a map around the APR fuel pump which come's free. :happy2:
I'd rather save the money on paying for the exhaust and put it towards brakes. I reckon from my recent track work that the gains I'd see on the dyno for just the exhaust going onto stage 2 would be marginal on lap times.

Hopefully I will get most of this posted on here for comparison for people who don't necessary want to change their exhausts at this stage of tuning.  
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 09:23:21 pm by Msportman »
Pearl Black Edition 30 3 Door. DSG. (3rd Edition 30)
Maybe on the too do list: APR Stage 2+, KW Clubsports, Brakes, Diff.

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2009, 09:33:00 pm »
I agree the exhaust wil bring added improvement, in fact I put the HPFP on my ED30 before the TBE and its was great, then when I put the TBE on it just brought everything together and it was spot-on :happy2:

This was all APR stuff from Awesome as well by the way MSPORTMAN :smiley:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 09:34:32 pm by gazbutS3 »

Offline Msportman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2009, 10:17:47 pm »
I agree the exhaust wil bring added improvement, in fact I put the HPFP on my ED30 before the TBE and its was great, then when I put the TBE on it just brought everything together and it was spot-on :happy2:

This was all APR stuff from Awesome as well by the way MSPORTMAN :smiley:

Have you got the before and after for the HPFP conversion or can you remember what the figures were?
Pearl Black Edition 30 3 Door. DSG. (3rd Edition 30)
Maybe on the too do list: APR Stage 2+, KW Clubsports, Brakes, Diff.

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2009, 10:34:42 pm »
yes, I'm sure I've got the rolling road runs before and after, Jim and the blokes from APR used my car for the development of APR's HPFP map on the ED30, I'll try and dig them out. I the fitted the TBE after the mapping was done.