All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
41mpg!!!!
Ifti:
--- Quote from: andytran on July 23, 2009, 09:18:08 am ---
--- Quote from: Rich on July 22, 2009, 10:29:06 pm ---Are these readings entirely accurate because the speedo is about 10% out according to your satnav... the reason this being is... the law allows u to be 10% under but not 1% over... :stupid:
--- End quote ---
?? according to my satnav, the speedo is accurate to about 1mph. Really, its that accurate! :surprised:
andy
--- End quote ---
According to my TomTom I am about 5-7mph out.
Anyways, drove up to Middlesborough on Tues (still there!) with a fully loaded car - both boot full, and car full with passengers.
About 240 miles. All motorway. Only manages about 33.5mpg - which is less then the 38-40mpg I normally get on my 20mile work run!! Im putting it down to the fact I had a fully loaded car, and *may* have have been running along at 3 digits at places.....lol
Greeners:
--- Quote from: Ifti on July 23, 2009, 12:34:40 pm ---
--- Quote from: andytran on July 23, 2009, 09:18:08 am ---
--- Quote from: Rich on July 22, 2009, 10:29:06 pm ---Are these readings entirely accurate because the speedo is about 10% out according to your satnav... the reason this being is... the law allows u to be 10% under but not 1% over... :stupid:
--- End quote ---
?? according to my satnav, the speedo is accurate to about 1mph. Really, its that accurate! :surprised:
andy
--- End quote ---
According to my TomTom I am about 5-7mph out.
Anyways, drove up to Middlesborough on Tues (still there!) with a fully loaded car - both boot full, and car full with passengers.
About 240 miles. All motorway. Only manages about 33.5mpg - which is less then the 38-40mpg I normally get on my 20mile work run!! Im putting it down to the fact I had a fully loaded car, and *may* have have been running along at 3 digits at places.....lol
--- End quote ---
Its more of a percentage rather than a constant amount of MPH that you would be out. For instance on our recent trip to the ring at high speeds on the German autobahn's the clock was around 20-25mph out! :happy2:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[*] Previous page
Go to full version