All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

2nd Service, how much of a bill to expect?

<< < (4/4)

cossy:

--- Quote from: SteveP on July 17, 2009, 03:44:48 pm ---
--- Quote from: cossy on July 17, 2009, 03:19:59 pm ---Mines a 57 plate so I expect it will need a brake fluid change.

If I dont have it changed and just go for the service are they going to turn round and sod off if anything goes bang?

Just dont really want to change the fluid yet, it hasnt exactly had a hard life. 3850 miles in 2 years

--- End quote ---

A 57 plate car can be an 08 model so yours may only require it at the 3 year interval.

Check the service book and it will confirm  :happy2:

Also brake fluid is affected by more than just mileage it can absorb moisture over time so needs to be changed regardless of mileage.

--- End quote ---

Just had a look in the service manual and it says brake fluid after 3 years then every two, even got a nice little sticker saying the same! The service sticker in the window that the dealer fills out has been dated for two years though. They havent a bloody clue ! Anyway going to leave it for another year and if I get any problems will show them the service book showing 3 years :angry015:

cossy:
This is a complete joke, had three quotes in now from VW dealers and they are all different and they all say I need different parts!

Cheapest £190
Middle £252 (my dealer)
Greatest £287

Some say I need an air filter change, Manual says 4 years or 40K!
Some say I need brake fluid change, Manual says 3 years then every 2!
Some say I sould be on long life service
Some say VW dealers havent a bloody clue when it comes to servicing their cars.

I say I WANT to be on T&D servicing with long life oil, its not difficult to work out when the cars only done 3800 miles, less THAN
20 a DAY, angry you bet :fighting:

cossy:
Had a right old barny with my VW dealer about this.

This is the problem I beleive.

They have it still on Long Life service regime, even after I said the miles I would be doing.

Talked to them about it when I picked the car up, they said the cars all come with long life set and they would change it on the first service.

They didnt do it, still on long life service! abnd they advised to go on T & D, no Sh*t.

Anyway quote now down to £158 all in with long life oil.




Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version