All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

ET35 on a Golf/Jetta

(1/2) > >>

darrens:
Hi everyone,

I know I'm technically in the wrong forum but as the cars are the same platform as as you guys are so helpful I hope someone can give me some advise!  

As I have now got my ED30 sitting right I want to start a few mods on my wife's Jetta as she has been nagging a bit and there is no change of me getting a Milltek until I have sorted her some wheels!

She has a MK5 2.0 TDI Sport Jetta and I want to change her alloys from the stock 17" wheels.  I have been offered RS6's (replicas) at a good price.  They are 18" (8" wide) with an ET of 35.  I also intend to lower the car on H&R springs which should give about a 35mm drop.

I know that the stock ET is over 50 so will I have a problem with rubbing with an ET as low as 35 especially as the Jetta will be lowered too.

Thanks

cal tdi:
iv always found this useful http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Aparoon:
I think et35 is too much on our cars, i think the most you can get away with is et38  :rolleye:

TomB:
Yeah ET35 is way too much.

My 9.5s with ET46 sit level with the rear arch, as do the 8.5s ET44 on the front.

x5pea:
u should be able to work it out easily mate

basically they will sit 15mm further out from std, i think they will go on :happy2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version