Make a donation

Author Topic: How To: Mk5 Heated Seats Retrofit  (Read 134490 times)

Offline AlexAlmostDSG

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Re: How To: Mk5 Heated Seats Retrofit
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2016, 04:24:05 pm »
Hello everyone

Reviving this old thread, for the sake of knowledge :)
Hope the OP and everyone else is okay with that.

Ok, so i have a GOLF MK5 - BY 2007 November and i'd like to upgrade to seated heats. Besides the wiring loom from Kufatec - do i also need the wires in the attached photo labeled as "driver seat wireharness and passenger seat wireharness " or are these already on my car?

I'd like to know - to avoid buying unneccsary stuff, of course.
Many thanks and regards

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 69
  • -Receive: 81
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2016, 02:05:08 pm »
Hi. Those wiring harnesses should already be on your car.
Under you seat you should have a large black connector for heated seats, a small black connector for seat occupancy and a yellow connector for airbag.

See the pictures in the guide which should make it more clear.

Once you have your kufatec loom, you will connect it to the large connector on your seat.

Hope this helps.
Thanks
Jason

VCDS (Preston, Lancashire)

Bouchay

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2016, 08:48:48 am »
Hi, more questions!

I have a 2008 GT TDI that I'm fitting 2004 GTI leather seats. I have the earlier Kufatek loom. I've read your guide literally over and over again to try and get it straight in my head. The parts that confuse me are fitting the wires to the heater control panel, CECM & fuse panel.

The Kufatek instructions are basic at best, so your guide is like the bible to me!

I have the basic heater control panel, how would I be able to know what plug to insert the wires to on the back?

In a comment about the CECM, you mention what pins to use but the image is blank?

Cheers, Bob

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 69
  • -Receive: 81
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2016, 05:20:51 am »
If you have the basic heater panel, known as climatic, so look out for that on the wiring diagrams.

For CECM, in my guide, the wiring diagrams refer to connectors by a letter and number. This is the connector (letter) and pin (number).
If you look on the CECM itself, each connector is colour coded and labeled with a letter. Each connector has the pins numbered.

If this doesn't help, I'll give more details later when I can check properly.

Jas

VCDS (Preston, Lancashire)

Offline Naeem360

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2016, 02:45:59 am »
Hi sorry to bring this thread up again, I have been "ghosting" on this forum for some quite time. But I've finally had the courage to register lol.

I have been very curious of the heated seats retrofit project, I've fitted in some heated leather seats which were made in 2006,  also purchased the correct heater control with heated seats function. However I'm just confused with the wiring. 

I briefly understand where the wires need to be routed but I don't get the big black connector hanging fromunder my seats atm. I'm assuming they're the wiring for the heated elements right? And more importantly where do they connect to as there are no ports available under the plastic tray?

P.S a very well written guide I appreciate the effort made behind it, can't wait to get on with it  myself!

Offline Greigzy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2016, 03:35:11 pm »
The black plastic connector has to go into plastic tray.

You need to order the loom from Kufatec, to go from the connector in the plastic tray, to the fuse box and the back of the heater control panel.

You buy the looms as per the year of the seats and whether it has electric bolsters or not.

Hope this helps

Offline DazG

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2016, 07:47:37 pm »
Another good guide  :happy2:

Offline Gmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2017, 07:06:00 pm »
Well, gave this a go today, followed this guide...

I've come unstuck with the kufatec loom... All the wires are grey! 

Need some help..

So got the two earth wires.. The circular spades..
Then there is two wires into one.. I reckon this is the wire that goes to the cecm position C1

Now it gets a bit tricky... There's a group of three wires, which I think goes to the climate control, on is coded Bl/Rt, so black red, the other is Bl/ge, blue/yellow(?) and it the same thickness as the blue/red, so I think these are the left and right switch wires? The third is slightly thicker, but not colour markings.

Then there 4 thick wires all marked KL-30 (I think?) so perhaps some of these go to the fuse panel?

Then there are two more wires together, not colour marked,
And finally one more wire, not colour marked, but it's longer, so perhaps long enough to get to the climate panel..

Why kufatec can't mark up the loom is beyond me!!!  This would be a simple install for a guy with basic electrical skills, but has left me with putting the loom in place but not plugging it in...  Took more about an hour to get the car apart and 20 mins to put it back together, but about 2 hours of head scratching trying to figure out what wire goes where!!!

Any help would be great!!!

Offline Gmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2017, 07:39:18 am »
Well, gave this a go today, followed this guide...

I've come unstuck with the kufatec loom... All the wires are grey! 

Need some help..

So got the two earth wires.. The circular spades..
Then there is two wires into one.. I reckon this is the wire that goes to the cecm position C1

Now it gets a bit tricky... There's a group of three wires, which I think goes to the climate control, on is coded Bl/Rt, so black red, the other is Bl/ge, blue/yellow(?) and it the same thickness as the blue/red, so I think these are the left and right switch wires? The third is slightly thicker, but not colour markings.

Then there 4 thick wires all marked KL-30 (I think?) so perhaps some of these go to the fuse panel?

Then there are two more wires together, not colour marked,
And finally one more wire, not colour marked, but it's longer, so perhaps long enough to get to the climate panel..

Why kufatec can't mark up the loom is beyond me!!!  This would be a simple install for a guy with basic electrical skills, but has left me with putting the loom in place but not plugging it in...  Took more about an hour to get the car apart and 20 mins to put it back together, but about 2 hours of head scratching trying to figure out what wire goes where!!!

Any help would be great!!!

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2017, 10:27:05 am »
The wire that has 2 going into it isn't for cecm.

As far as i remember on the 2007+ loom it's:

2 for ground
3 for the heater panel
2 for fuse box (1 ignition 1 live) there's an additional wire to fuse box if your seat has lumbar support)
1 for cecm

When i fitted a up to 2006 loom there was an additional wire to the above and i couldn't figure out where it goes. Wiring it to an ignition cleared the fault code but the seats still didn't heat up.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2017, 05:53:51 pm »

Offline Gmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2017, 09:18:06 am »
The wire that has 2 going into it isn't for cecm.

As far as i remember on the 2007+ loom it's:

2 for ground
3 for the heater panel
2 for fuse box (1 ignition 1 live) there's an additional wire to fuse box if your seat has lumbar support)
1 for cecm

When i fitted a up to 2006 loom there was an additional wire to the above and i couldn't figure out where it goes. Wiring it to an ignition cleared the fault code but the seats still didn't heat up.

Cheers Raz. 

My loom has more wires than you are suggesting above. I've got a total of 13 wires i think. 

2 for ground
3 for heater panel
4 thick wires - fuse panel? I have lumbar support
2 into 1 - ? thought that was cecm?
2 more wires - shorter and thin?
1 longer wire -  long enough to get to control panel

Going to have to take a picture when i get a chance. I've buried it under the trim near the bonnet release handle for the moment. :happy2:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 09:23:53 am by Gmac »

Offline Gmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2017, 09:18:49 am »
Have you read this guide

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62645.0.html

Haha, clearly!!! As you have replied within this post :happy2:

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2017, 12:37:26 pm »
Which loom did you buy? If you bought the 2007+ loom then it could be its for a lhd and you will have to swap the looms that are under the seats to convert them back to rhd.

Sounds like the loom you got might also be for the memory seats.

Offline Gmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2017, 02:27:42 pm »
Which loom did you buy? If you bought the 2007+ loom then it could be its for a lhd and you will have to swap the looms that are under the seats to convert them back to rhd.

Sounds like the loom you got might also be for the memory seats.

Got hold of the instructions from kufatec ......

I've ordered the 'until 2006' as the seats were from a golf from this era...

Pic....

FFS!!!!!  Why is everything so hard... Copy and paste from a pdf has screwed up the text... Can't seem to upload the image either....arrrrrgggggghhhhh

Manual wiring heated seats Golf V until October 2006

Wire configuration with gray wirings: 2x Permanent positive (Imprint Dauerplus Kl.30)
2x Permanent positive (Imprint Sitzverstell. Kl.30)
3x Ignition positive (Imprint Zündung Kl.15) 1x Double crimp (Imprint C – PIN 1)
Connection Climate control unit 20-pole connector: 1x Grey wire (0.352) (Imprint Blau/Gelb)
1x Grey wire (0.352) (Imprint Blau/Rot)
1x Grey wire (0.352) (Imprint ZP Klima) -
2x Cable lug (Imprint Masse)
Connection with free fuse at the fuse box (20 ampere each)
Connection with free fuse at the fuse box (30 ampere each)
Only at item 34048-2 & 34048-4
Connection with free fuse at the fuse box (15 ampere each)
Control unit central electric Connector C – PIN 1
PIN 10 (Climatronic) – PIN 13 for Climatic PIN 11 (Climatronic) – PIN 12 for Climatic PIN 12 (Climatronic) – PIN 15 for Climatic
Ground A-Column, driver site
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:46:24 pm by Gmac »