Make a donation

Author Topic: How To: Mk5 Heated Seats Retrofit  (Read 134477 times)

Offline fakie1977

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
Re: How To: Mk5 Heated Seats Retrofit
« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2020, 12:42:14 pm »
It’s about a meter short is what I found. You probably want a 1.5m just to be sure and give you slack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sukysingh1@gmail.com

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2020, 01:43:36 pm »
Thanks I have requested up to 2006 loom from Kufatec custom made with an additional 1.5m length both sides . Let's see what they say now..

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2020, 12:01:19 pm »
In the guide it mentions the CECM wire connection if you have a Climatic heater control do you not need the below CECM connection as in the guide it is only mentioned under climatronic heater controls and not for climatic...

CECM            
White (double crimp)   CECM, Connector C, Pin 1

Second question is for the fuse box section would you find spare terminals that are not in use on the fuse board and then check the voltage etc  and use those or piggy back off existing required fuse ratings ??
I haven't as yet checked if there are any spares in the fuse box area...

Offline fakie1977

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2020, 12:42:59 pm »
I don’t think the connection differs whether it’s climatic or climatronic but I could be wrong. Can try looking on eBay for pictures of the back to see if they differ.

As for the fuse box - I used empty slots and put new fuses in (so make sure you have spares ready as I ended up having to take out others to test and it was annoying especially as I ended up blowing a couple)

How much extra was it to have kufatec custom make the extension?

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2020, 04:24:26 pm »
I don’t think the connection differs whether it’s climatic or climatronic but I could be wrong. Can try looking on eBay for pictures of the back to see if they differ.

As for the fuse box - I used empty slots and put new fuses in (so make sure you have spares ready as I ended up having to take out others to test and it was annoying especially as I ended up blowing a couple)

Awaiting a response from Kufatec as of yesterday..I hope the same price

So I take it that the  connection below is compulsory to CECM whether you have Cimatronic or Climatic ?
Can anyone comment on this ? In the guide there are dashes against the Climatic option with or without AC...

CECM           
White (double crimp)   CECM, Connector C, Pin 1

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2020, 12:39:58 pm »
Kufatec have responded saying they will not extend the cabling and modifications have been done already. (they haven't tested on a RHD vehicle though). Kufatec support also stated that if the wires are short then I should let them know which wire and by how much and they will send the relevant extension out !! I have ordered a set in any case. They also advised if I needed any support to query with Richter Sport their reseller in the UK. I don't know how helpful they will be  ??

One query I still have is whether the CECM connection is required. In the guide in the table it only lists the requirement for climatronic.. which I do not...

Can anyone else comment on this ? In the guide there are dashes against the Climatic option with or without AC...

CECM           

Offline Tharkhold

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2020, 12:36:50 am »

NoAC/Climatic/Climatronic connections in the back (20pin?) connector are different for heated seats. Have a look at the mk5/mk6 wiring diagrams.  The kufatec instructions do mention this also (climatic vs climatronic).

There should be three 'small' wires to be plugged in the rear control unit; used for the heater controls and thermometer signal for each seat. IIRC, the wires should be black/blue and white/blue.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 12:39:28 am by Tharkhold »
Rabbit Mk5 2.5L 2008: IE intake, Stage3+ ECU tune, Mk6 flat mfsw, Mk6 front GTI Farenheit Ed seats.

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2020, 01:33:13 pm »
I'm clear on the connections the only query I have is ref this one wire

Whether the CECM connection is required. In the guide in the table it only lists the requirement for climatronic.. which I do not...

Can anyone else comment on this ? In the guide there are dashes against the Climatic option with or without AC...

CECM           

Kufatec refused to extend the cabling saying this had already been done previously.. They did say if extension was required to let them know which cable and how much needed extending and they would send the cable out.. How convenient !! not ...

Offline NightWalker

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2020, 02:01:46 pm »
Hello people!

I really need help with heated seats for my mk5 (1.9 tdi), I have united equipment which comes with heated seats but they are not working and I am getting on VCDS "02092 - Enabling Heated Seat
02092 - Enabling Heated Seat: Open or Short to Ground" i checked all the fuse and they are all working, any help?

Offline jamal110ahmed

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2021, 08:26:35 pm »
Hi i dont know if anyone is still on this thread but i am interested in doing this to my gti but hate anything to do with electrics. If theres anyone around the midlands who would be up to help me let me know. Cheers guys.

Offline Ctedd

• Thank You
« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2022, 05:50:43 am »
So,
Need some help.
I brought some mk5 leather heated seats with lumbar support on my golf mk6.
The differences between tutorials are blowing my head.
The mk6 needs 1 module under seat for the both of them and my seats have module for each seat - 2 modules unde the seat with the same amount of wires. White, Brown, 2 blue wires (blue white, blue black), red/yellow (positive) and a red black wire (i guess is the comunication with the other seat)

I followed the steps for the golf 6 on this golf 5and doesnt work.
Any ideas helping me?
Also, i realizeze that the seats have a donor from rightside. (i have a left side wheel)

So... If anybody can help me let me know.
Regards,   :pomppomp:

Offline Kev@synetiq

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: February 04, 2023, 12:37:09 pm »
Hi guys, sorry my first post is asking for help....

I've got a kufatec loom for my R32 and all the wires are white!!!!  No longer colour coded. Has anyone got a fitment instructions for the white wires version???

Cheers in advance

Offline fakie1977

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2023, 03:40:18 pm »
Did you buy new loom or secondhand? Are they not labelled with stickers at the ends?

Offline Kev@synetiq

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2023, 11:48:25 pm »
Brand new from tuning fanatics on eBay. Looking at their shop they sell loads of kufatec stuff but I've asked for a  diagram and got ghosted.

There are some numbers on the wires but don't really equate to anything. Unless the coloured wires have the same numbers on them??

Offline fakie1977

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2023, 04:17:39 pm »
Have you tried contacting kufatec to see if they can provide support?