Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk5 golf tdi cluster swap HELP!!!  (Read 8776 times)

Offline corjinovschi@gmail.com

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Mk5 golf cluster swap HELP!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015, 07:43:27 pm »
Hi you all.
I have a big problem and it seems i cant solve it myself.
A few weeks ago i swapped my old cluster with one with MFD. Everything went well.
After ... I had some problems and i had to mess a little with the wiring under the steering wheel. I then noticed that my fuel gauge does not work and the outside temperature was showing way wrong ( - 45 C) so i thought the cluster was wrecked and i fitted my old, boring one back. The boring one worked until today when the same problem appeared.
I hope not both clusters are f.ked and i found this topic
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5173622-fuel-gauge-problem

Could anyone help please .... 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 07:47:33 pm by corjinovschi@gmail.com »

Offline doylebros

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
Re: Mk5 golf cluster swap HELP!!!
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 10:31:29 pm »
Hi you all.
I have a big problem and it seems i cant solve it myself.
A few weeks ago i swapped my old cluster with one with MFD. Everything went well.
After ... I had some problems and i had to mess a little with the wiring under the steering wheel. I then noticed that my fuel gauge does not work and the outside temperature was showing way wrong ( - 45 C) so i thought the cluster was wrecked and i fitted my old, boring one back. The boring one worked until today when the same problem appeared.
I hope not both clusters are f.ked and i found this topic
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5173622-fuel-gauge-problem

Could anyone help please ....
Have emailed you the circuit diagrams which tells you the connector numbers and locations which may help you.

Offline andybon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 8
Re: Mk5 golf tdi cluster swap HELP!!!
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 11:28:16 pm »
Another person who can code the 973/974 clocks is Olsen_72 on here, he did mine a few weeks back
How hard can it be?

mae09

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2019, 12:16:39 pm »
Hello everybody,

I know this thread is few years old, but i will give it a try...

I have mk5 1.9tdi, 10/2004, I have lowline cluster: 1K0 920 851 HX , and without any knowledge I bought this cluster: 1K0 920 873B produced on 24.6.2006. , with big display. Is this highline cluster, I am not even sure after so much reading.

For last few days I have been browsing this forum and everybody mention clusters finishing on 97x, but I havent found any cluster with 97x?

Now, can anybody tell me is it possible to put this cluster that I have into my car?

I have VCDS 12.12 and VAG COM PRO 5.5.1.

I have pin from my cluster but I dont have pin from new cluster. Is there any way to obtain it?

Next

I have bought MFSW, with new buttons. I have slipring with no C on the end. If I buy corresponding steering wheel control module, will I be able to code it?

I would really appreciate any help.

Offline loop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 26
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2019, 12:06:43 am »
Hello everybody,

I know this thread is few years old, but i will give it a try...

I have mk5 1.9tdi, 10/2004, I have lowline cluster: 1K0 920 851 HX , and without any knowledge I bought this cluster: 1K0 920 873B produced on 24.6.2006. , with big display. Is this highline cluster, I am not even sure after so much reading.

For last few days I have been browsing this forum and everybody mention clusters finishing on 97x, but I havent found any cluster with 97x?

Now, can anybody tell me is it possible to put this cluster that I have into my car?

I have VCDS 12.12 and VAG COM PRO 5.5.1.

I have pin from my cluster but I dont have pin from new cluster. Is there any way to obtain it?

Next

I have bought MFSW, with new buttons. I have slipring with no C on the end. If I buy corresponding steering wheel control module, will I be able to code it?

I would really appreciate any help.

As above Eddie NL would be able to sort you out if you can get to him. Message him via eBay as I’m not sure how often he’s on here now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
‘05 GT, Retrofits: RNS 510 DAB+, R32 Highline Cluster, R32 MFSW, Mk6 Reversing Camera, 7P6 Bluetooth, TPMS, Cruise Control, VW MDI, Chrome switches, Blaupunkt THA 475 amp.