Make a donation

Author Topic: NEW Öhlins coilovers  (Read 36155 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: NEW Öhlins coilovers
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2017, 10:21:42 am »
They sound brilliant, Kev.  Now you've had the chance to have a good look, do you think they can be wound up to near standard ride height without affecting their attributes?

Yeah there is enough adjustment to wind them up standard ride height.  Ohlins recommend no more than +15mm above the default setting (2mm preload) as the preload would be excessive, so I'd probably do it with longer springs if I was to raise it up, but I'm happy with the height  :happy2:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2017, 10:33:18 am »
After checking where's my local Öhlins official dealer I think if I ever have the funds available, I'll get them too. The local dealer and repair shop is only at around 15 miles from me. :smiley:

Your ride height is spot on for me as well. :wink:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2017, 02:23:25 pm »
Good man  :happy2:

Yep, Ohlins have made the installation and ride height incredibly fast and simple.   Their kits have a minimum 6 months development and you can tell that immediately on the first bump you hit and the first corner you take  :happy2:

It's nice to see an accurate -20mm compared to VWR's -20mm  :grin: 

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline welikeaps

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2017, 10:53:23 am »

Yep, Ohlins have made the installation and ride height incredibly fast and simple.   Their kits have a minimum 6 months development and you can tell that immediately on the first bump you hit and the first corner you take  :happy2:

Very impressive I've been tempted by this kit on various occasions but have never been able to justify the cost on what is now a 10 year old car. I've searched high and low on US forums for the original diaper kit but have been unlucky as many sellers  won't ship internationally.

Once you've given a formal review I might just bite the bullet or compromise for now and get the VWR dampers to match the springs.

Offline Aleksandar

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2023, 07:06:36 pm »

Are you still happy with the coilovers? Did you track them and how was the performance... In the market for adjustable coilovers and look for feedback.