Make a donation

Author Topic: Just got my ed30 stage 1???  (Read 5606 times)

Offline Markyed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Just got my ed30 stage 1???
« on: March 19, 2013, 03:28:57 pm »
My bluefin arrived today and I was exited to say the least, Plugged it in read my map sent them in and instantly got new 1 back, 20 min later it was installed,
Its been sleet here all day so not the best day for it so first impressions were gr8, Was actually giggling like a 3 yr old  :jumping:
But then I noticed in 3rd 4th 5th n 6th from 3k revs when u planted ur foot it had a really bad shuddering
Phoned them up they said they had sent the manual map by mistake, Got a new map now and all is well but it does not pull the same till higher revs then pulls more,:jumping: , My question is I know its the same map for both and has been for a while so have they just gave me the old less torque map to suit DSG, Do I have an underlying problem what's your thoughts ?? 

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=jqjjojml7bv0kiuvp1b2djseh1&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Just got my ed30 stage 1???
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 03:30:53 pm »
Get your money back and go to R-tech  :happy2:

Offline Markyed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 08:42:14 pm »
ill give it a few days and see but it seem even driving it normal its way down on mpg but ill see what its like to work and back tomorrow  :driver:

Saintsteve

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 09:46:58 pm »
My bluefin arrived today and I was exited to say the least, Plugged it in read my map sent them in and instantly got new 1 back, 20 min later it was installed,
Its been sleet here all day so not the best day for it so first impressions were gr8, Was actually giggling like a 3 yr old  :jumping:
But then I noticed in 3rd 4th 5th n 6th from 3k revs when u planted ur foot it had a really bad shuddering
Phoned them up they said they had sent the manual map by mistake, Got a new map now and all is well but it does not pull the same till higher revs then pulls more,:jumping: , My question is I know its the same map for both and has been for a while so have they just gave me the old less torque map to suit DSG, Do I have an underlying problem what's your thoughts ?? 

Sounds like you have a fault elsewhere..have you checked your Diverter valve?

Seems very odd as these transmission type maps are no longer in use, so I would ask to speak to the technical help desk. (Mike) I think is the tech chap that should give you the best explanation.

Offline Markyed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 09:54:25 pm »
Checked it to see which revision I had before the map only a few days ago and already had a g in there, it was them I phoned but unsure who I spoke to only other thing i can think of is perhaps the wrong map altogether and they didn't want to say but who knows, to me at first i thought that it was the dsg limiting the torque but it was a pretty horrific judder whatever it is

Offline mtj2k

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 2
  • 1.4 TSi GT
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 10:01:13 pm »
Are you sure it wasn't just the Traction Control if its been sleeting all day? :confused:

just checkin' - don't shoot  :fighting:

Offline Markyed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 10:06:24 pm »
I tried it with it on and off tbh i never noticed it till a good 5 mins in to the drive but I tried it with it switched off just the same even on motorway where road was ok, felt more like it was struggling to boost then all of a sudden it found it and pulled HARD  :confused:

Offline Markyed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 03:28:21 pm »
Well the sun has been out today and some dry road ahead and my god it pulls, Even 6th after 3k revs feels like the old 4th or 5th so tbh it's everything I had wanted, Cruising at 70mph actually seemed better on mpg than before but have used £25 of fuel and been around 50 miles and drank it  :signLOL:

Offline Markyed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 04:04:38 pm »
Is it normal for the fan to kick after giving it some then parking I always let it run for a few minutes to let the turbo cool but the fan has not once came on before the map

Saintsteve

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 07:01:33 pm »
Is it normal for the fan to kick after giving it some then parking I always let it run for a few minutes to let the turbo cool but the fan has not once came on before the map

Sorry about the accidental thankyou :laugh:

Are you sure it's not the aircon fan your hearing?

As long as your fluid levels are right, and no water in your oil, then your good to go.

Just a word of warning, I would weekly check your oil level as these cars do like a drink. :wink: of oil as much as 99 octane.

Avoid using 95 or 97 fuels if you can.  :happy2:

Offline alfboden

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 09:17:32 pm »
Are running with a standard clutch?

Black 5dr Edition 30 No. 1045

Offline Markyed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 05:41:37 pm »
DSG and not my aircon has done it a few times now

Offline Marshall

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 08:22:56 pm »
When I had my Cupra R 2.0 Tfsi running APR stage 2 I noticed on a regular basis when I came to put the car inthegarage that the cooling fan was running.
The temp gauge was always steady at 90 and aircon was off but the fan still ran.
Never had any issues whatsoever.
I think when the car is mapped the engine does run warmer which cause the fan to cut in more often than before.
MISANO RED RS3

Offline Spadds

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 09:47:55 pm »
Well the sun has been out today and some dry road ahead and my god it pulls, Even 6th after 3k revs feels like the old 4th or 5th so tbh it's everything I had wanted, Cruising at 70mph actually seemed better on mpg than before but have used £25 of fuel and been around 50 miles and drank it  :signLOL:

Hi mate,  what was (if there was) the problem in the end?  It seems to run fine now?

Glad it's ok

Spadds

Offline Markyed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 02:44:18 pm »
Everything seems fine now probably was the wrong map initially but happy with the results but hard to drive it normally now lol