All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Quick question, quick answer needed....

(1/2) > >>

WhiteGTI:
Do 08MY GTI's and onwards have the Diverter Valve fitted at the front??

My understanding is that the GTI (K03) has always had the DV located near the turbo regardless of the MY (model year), however the ED30 (K04) has it re-located to the front of the engine.

Am I right??

ALSO: How can I check which Model Year my car is???????

Cheers,
Chris.

bacillus:
Only the K04s have the DV relocated at the front. All k03s come with the dv by the turbo regardless of year.

iirc ror the year of car you can look at you vin number to tell you the week and year manufactured amongst other things. Let me see if I can find the link...

WhiteGTI:
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!  :pomppomp: :pomppomp: :pomppomp: :pomppomp: :pomppomp: :pomppomp:

My car was built in September 2007, but I'm pretty sure that it picked up the MY08 changes, because for example I had the mp3 functionality on the stereo as standard - which I'm 99% sure was a 2008MY addition. It was definitely introduced onto post September 2007 cars, but whether it was brought in randomly, or as part of the 2008MY changes I dont know.......  :confused: :confused:

I don't know how VW work, but from my experience at BMW UK the MY08 changes would come in September of 2007.

Poppa Dom:

--- Quote from: WhiteGTI on July 27, 2009, 10:50:05 pm ---Do 08MY GTI's and onwards have the Diverter Valve fitted at the front??

My understanding is that the GTI (K03) has always had the DV located near the turbo regardless of the MY (model year), however the ED30 (K04) has it re-located to the front of the engine.

Am I right??

ALSO: How can I check which Model Year my car is???????

Cheers,
Chris.

--- End quote ---

Correct!  :happy2: Your VIN suggests MY08 too

WhiteGTI:
Have you got my VIN from the datalogging then Dom?? Or were you stating that the VIN would enable me to find out the MY...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version