Make a donation

Author Topic: springs question  (Read 6963 times)

Offline snapey

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
Re: springs question
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2009, 07:12:05 pm »
Good choice with the h&r springs, can't complain about mine at all, just need the anit-lift kit and get it all alligned and it's more than enough for what I put the car through.

As for speed humps I wouldn't worry about them, mines not bottomed out yet on any humps, can't help with the height as I'm at work at the minute.

Luke
If you have to ask why, you'll never understand.

Offline candy turbo

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2009, 08:30:43 pm »

i looked at every option with the springs and vwr springs are made by kw any way so they are identical.

....No, not necessarily all identical at all - VWR have a technical partnership with KW Germany and are able to order whatever bespoke KW products they want. For example, my VWR-KW-V3's are bespoke from KW Germany.

thats what matt from vwr told me , when i asked what they lowered by , he said look at kw web site cause they are one of the same !!!!

....Yes, unless they order bespoke for you. We may be talking at cross-purposes, Ian (sorry if that's the case) - VWR can order different spring ratings from KW - Those won't be on any web site.

:happy2:
sorry mate i m talking about the ones the vwr quote was about the ones on vwr web site , i dont doubt they can get pretty much any thing made that you want being the company they are  :smiley:

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
Re: eibach pro springs question
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2009, 09:42:51 pm »
ok i got bored of looking at arch tyre gaps and reading threads on lowering it was driving me nuts  :confused:

just ordered some H&R 30mm drop springs from orange  :grin: hope ive done the right thing.

ps can anyone point me in the direction of a "how to " thread on swaping the springs, or tell me of any special tools etc that might be needed.  :smiley:

ok, so i dont look any more stupid lookin for orange on google that sell suspension! can anyone tell me which place it is :scared:

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2009, 09:46:19 pm »

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2009, 09:56:18 pm »
Thanks matey :happy2: