Make a donation

Author Topic: Quaife ATB Diff....  (Read 57481 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: Quaife ATB Diff....
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2009, 02:03:24 am »
Hurdy, hear is an odd question for you, how much does the diff part weigh do you know???

I didn't weigh it, but it didn't feel much heavier than the OEM open diff :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2009, 02:07:54 am »
2 lines of comment John  :sad1: ....................

we need more feedback  :jumpmove:

Here you are....

It rocks!

Sooooo good I can't believe I didn't fit it months ago. Bonus is that it is a safety feature as well as a performance feature

Get one if you have the means :happy2:

I'll do a more in-depth write up once I've had a little more time with it. :driver:
Golf R gone.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2009, 11:00:04 am »

Hurdy, hear is an odd question for you, how much does the diff part weigh do you know???

I didn't weigh it, but it didn't feel much heavier than the OEM open diff :happy2:

....We weighed it at VWR. IIRC there was only about 10 lb in it.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2009, 11:17:21 am »

....We weighed it at VWR. IIRC there was only about 10 lb in it.

You mean I've added weight :surprised:

At least it is low down so should help with the C.O.G. :laugh:
Golf R gone.

Offline BlackMk5Gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • ~DSG LYFE~
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2014, 01:01:41 am »
Guys I am considering a diff on my DSG MK5 GTI quite soon but i'm wondering, from people that have had these installed, does the steering feel snatchy at all?? Does the car drag you across lanes when accelerating hard? I have only ever driven 2 cars with quaife diffs and both times I really didnt like it. The steering felt like it was dragging me, rather then me steering the car and every time i went to change gear whilst still on part throttle the steering would snatch out of my hand either left or right depending on where the most grip was at the time.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2014, 05:06:46 pm »

Guys I am considering a diff on my DSG MK5 GTI quite soon but i'm wondering, from people that have had these installed, does the steering feel snatchy at all?? Does the car drag you across lanes when accelerating hard? I have only ever driven 2 cars with quaife diffs and both times I really didnt like it. The steering felt like it was dragging me, rather then me steering the car and every time i went to change gear whilst still on part throttle the steering would snatch out of my hand either left or right depending on where the most grip was at the time.

....No snatching and no dragging in the way you describe on my Golf GTI Mk5.

You do feel pulled around coners when 'on it' but that's in a good way.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline flashp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 65
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2014, 06:21:39 pm »
Can vouch honestly for Wavetrac. Bought it on JKM's advice and they weren't wrong. Very smooth operation & very progressive. If I felt I had wasted my money I'd say so but on balance I haven't driven another LSD equipped FWD car. If you fit one get a track done asap afterwards.  :driver:

Gone but not forgotten :-)