Make a donation

Author Topic: audi a3 3.2 quattro brake upgrade  (Read 9210 times)

Offline GS WAX

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
Re: audi a3 3.2 quattro brake upgrade
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 09:33:30 pm »
Bump. Need help?

With What...Just done this 3.2 conversion on Saturday,be quick while its still fresh in my memory.

Only problem I had was with the wrong parts, S3 calipers are NOT exactly the same, in that S3 pads and S3 retaining Badges will not be secure on 3.2 calipers,  you will need the pads with a retaining clip on all four pads( S3 have only one clip on inside pad), that way you can use the S3/R  caliper badges on 3.2 calipers.

With Genuine S3 Pads(pic without R badge,no outside pad clip), slot in middle of caliper(under R logo) not present on S3/R calipers

These are the correct pads

All working,note silver tab under R logo,this holds the R Badge secure.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 10:07:02 pm by GS WAX »

Offline tommygti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 11:50:36 pm »
Bump. Need help?

With What...Just done this 3.2 conversion on Saturday,be quick while its still fresh in my memory.

Only problem I had was with the wrong parts, S3 calipers are NOT exactly the same, in that S3 pads and S3 retaining Badges will not be secure on 3.2 calipers,  you will need the pads with a retaining clip on all four pads( S3 have only one clip on inside pad), that way you can use the S3/R  caliper badges on 3.2 calipers.

With Genuine S3 Pads(pic without R badge,no outside pad clip), slot in middle of caliper(under R logo) not present on S3/R calipers

These are the correct pads

All working,note silver tab under R logo,this holds the R Badge secure.

Sir, I thankyou for the help. Just need mine fitted and sitting pretty like yours. Have you got the part numbers for the pads? and did you buy the golf r retaining clips from the stealers? if so what did they set you back?

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 69
  • -Receive: 81
Re: Re: audi a3 3.2 quattro brake upgrade
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 07:00:25 am »
Just to be clear..
What pads / caliper combo did you end u using?
S3 calipers / r32 pads / r clips?

I have s3 calipers and s3 clips so I guess I should use s3 pads rather than r32 pads?

Jas

VCDS (Preston, Lancashire)

Offline GS WAX

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 10:02:26 am »
Parts used

Pads. 1ko 698 151B

Calipers are 3.2

Clips are Golf R, all parts were from TPS, R clips cost just short of £60, madness but i wanted them... pads were £51.80, but of a bonus coz the S3 pads I had originally were £95.

Can get all the other part numbers and prices later if you like( shields, lines,discs ect.

Very easy conversion having done it now with the correct parts and makes the eddy  very assured, what it should have had on from factory.