Make a donation

Author Topic: REVO or APR ?  (Read 3732 times)

Offline Strat

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
Re: REVO or APR ?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 12:17:54 pm »
I dont think he is using his own insurance policy. The issue with the wide arch conversion was the insurance was through some kind of fleet policy, and the mods were too much. At least, thats as much as i have read into the situation.

Certainly would never ever get his own insurance policy on a remapped GTI at 18.

regardless if it were his insurance or not, whatever method, you consult insurance before modding a car let alone spending £4000 or whatever on a body kit only to find they'll no longer insure you! just seems like absolute madness! obv a gti at 18 is very young, let alone trying to remap it! either no insurance again, or a premium of doom!
Candy

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 01:15:07 pm »

Do a trial of both and see which you like the best.  :happy2:

.... +1. Definitely the best course of action :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Deako

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 01:42:12 pm »
I dont think he is using his own insurance policy. The issue with the wide arch conversion was the insurance was through some kind of fleet policy, and the mods were too much. At least, thats as much as i have read into the situation.

Certainly would never ever get his own insurance policy on a remapped GTI at 18.

regardless if it were his insurance or not, whatever method, you consult insurance before modding a car let alone spending £4000 or whatever on a body kit only to find they'll no longer insure you! just seems like absolute madness! obv a gti at 18 is very young, let alone trying to remap it! either no insurance again, or a premium of doom!

Agree 100%, which is the comment i made in the classified advert where the car is for sale.

Hope the OP doesnt fall foul of the same mistake again.