Make a donation

Author Topic: Solihull Volkswagen  (Read 19565 times)

Offline wigit

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
Re: Solihull Volkswagen
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 04:23:24 pm »
may be wroth giving the dealer in aylesbury a call think its keiths, they are mod friendly as bluefin agents and not a million miles from you

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 06:38:54 pm »
Is the Solihull dealership mod-friendly?

Dunno but it's worth asking, then posting the reply up here.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Gaz W

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 08:43:52 pm »
Blimey, I didn't realise there was quite as many people so local to Solihull!

I feel a meet coming on. ;)

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 19
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Project MUBster DUBster Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 11:43:08 pm »
Blimey, I didn't realise there was quite as many people so local to Solihull!

I feel a meet coming on. ;)

I'm only close to Solihull when I go to pay homage to the "out-laws"...

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 12:51:26 pm »
Hi guys,

Is the Solihull dealership mod-friendly?  I'm having a spot of bother with my car and need it checked under warranty. 

My local dealership in Luton won't go any where near my car - which really disappointing...

You bought my old Mk2 16v in Oak Green (not from me, but the dealer that bumped the price up massively), but see you moved onto a nicer one. [:)]

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 19
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Project MUBster DUBster Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 07:28:07 pm »
Hi guys,

Is the Solihull dealership mod-friendly?  I'm having a spot of bother with my car and need it checked under warranty. 

My local dealership in Luton won't go any where near my car - which really disappointing...

You bought my old Mk2 16v in Oak Green (not from me, but the dealer that bumped the price up massively), but see you moved onto a nicer one. [:)]

Sorry mate, I think you may have me confused for some one else.  I have never owned a Golf before this one...

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 11:32:37 pm »
Hi guys,

Sorry mate, I think you may have me confused for some one else.  I have never owned a Golf before this one...

I quoted the wrong post.  :grin: It was meant to be illyun!!!

Offline DJM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 09:09:41 pm »
Use these today, good friendly service did the coil pack recall no problem and checked over car.

I know what you mean about parking, they had a brand new white golf r parked on the road :| i was shocked as was further down out of view.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2011, 08:11:39 pm »
Use these today, good friendly service did the coil pack recall no problem and checked over car.

I know what you mean about parking, they had a brand new white golf r parked on the road :| i was shocked as was further down out of view.

Tell them to fix my Scirocco.  :scared:

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2011, 04:43:27 pm »
Im not taking my car there again. I have had to chase today to try and get an update. Piss poor in my opinion. I just feel like they are lying to me about it to delay doing the work.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2011, 08:29:25 am »
It's a bit far but Listers in Stratford has always been good to me and they've helped out where Solihull wouldn't.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline DJM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2011, 09:27:10 am »
Im not taking my car there again. I have had to chase today to try and get an update. Piss poor in my opinion. I just feel like they are lying to me about it to delay doing the work.

Oh is that where it is.. yours got the DSG issues hasnt it? Seen it in another thread. Feel for you, dealers are idiots when they don't know whats actually wrong they just side track it, dunno why its not going to go away. Hope they pull there finger out and sort it soon for you.

Suppose i had good service as was just routine stop n go really nothign too bad. All be it tried to get me to have a new tyre as it had just gone down to 3mm :| lol.
I only dealt with the one girl, hailee i think her name was. She was helpful to be fair to her and she even found some petrol to put in courtesy car as i said i wouldnt be going near a petrol station.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2011, 09:23:39 pm »

Oh is that where it is.. yours got the DSG issues hasnt it? Seen it in another thread. Feel for you, dealers are idiots when they don't know whats actually wrong they just side track it, dunno why its not going to go away. Hope they pull there finger out and sort it soon for you.

Suppose i had good service as was just routine stop n go really nothign too bad. All be it tried to get me to have a new tyre as it had just gone down to 3mm :| lol.
I only dealt with the one girl, hailee i think her name was. She was helpful to be fair to her and she even found some petrol to put in courtesy car as i said i wouldnt be going near a petrol station.

I picked up the car today without them fixing the gearbox as that will need to be booked back in for.

However, they have completely f*cked up the car after supposedly repairing the other things.

The aircon no longer works, and it sounds like there is a grating noise coming out the air vents when its turned on. They must have disconnected air con pipes when the brake servo was done, but they obviously didnt check the aircon afterwards.
The wiring that they replaced going to the throttle body looks like it was done by a 5 year old. I could have done it better with my gas soldering iron. NOT to mention that if you touch the wiring, they short out and the engine tries to jump out of the engine bay. The engine then goes into limp mode and wont rev past 2k rpm again until the code is cleared.
After the door seal was replaced, they havent refitted the trims properly. Actually, it looks like the trims have been broken, so they will be replacing them too.
There is a massive clunking noise when i reverse off my drive. They would have had to drop the engine to replace the brake servo, so it just hasnt been done properly.

I think i got a trainee on my car to be honest. There were supposedly 2 master techs working on it.

Im supposed to be taking the car to Germany on Thursday, and to be honest, i dont even trust driving it down the road at the moment.

Jokers. Dont go to this dealership.

If its not sorted on Monday, then there will be a rant going into VW Customer Care.

IMG_2804 by LukeDeakin, on Flickr

IMG_2803 by LukeDeakin, on Flickr

IMG_2802 by LukeDeakin, on Flickr

To be honest, Hayley has done a fine job of her booking procedures etc. Its just the technicians which appear to be rubbish.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 09:33:54 pm by Deako »

Offline DJM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2011, 05:07:05 pm »
gutted for you dude :( Looks like its half bodged as well. You'd expect that on the cheap at some back street garage but not at VW dealer. Yeah if not sorted I wouldnt even take the car id want to speak to someone higher and demand a courtesy car till yours is done.

Type_R

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2012, 09:05:05 pm »
Not surprised at all.

Back in 2000 when I had my first Golf (MK4 1.6), I had them do the first ever service on that car (from brand new), and the muppets 'forgot' to reset the service indicator. So I got in it to drive away and it pinged 'Service now!).

Said it all for me tbh, never gone anywhere near them in my GTi.

On a positive note, Listers Nuneaton have been quite good with my car.

P.S. Also a Solihull boy here, born and bred - currently working in London though :(