Make a donation

Author Topic: BT Sport takes rights for Moto GP coverage in 2014.  (Read 4247 times)

Offline Mk5Dom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 19
BT Sport takes rights for Moto GP coverage in 2014.
« on: May 09, 2013, 03:03:30 pm »
So it was confirmed earlier today that BT's new sport channel has the rights for Moto GP from 2014, for 5 years.

We pay too much for our Sky package already. I love Moto GP but there is no way in hell I'm going to pay £15 more a month for BT Sport. I just hope that Eurosport keeps their coverage and commentary team of Toby Moody and Julian Ryder.

From what I've seen on Twitter though, if you're a BT Broadband customer there is no cost and it is all part of the package. More crud luck, I'm not.

I for one believe Dorna have shot themselves in the foot. Utter fools.
Past: MY07/Mk5 Golf Match 1.9 TDI 105PS Manual Steel Grey Metallic
Present: MY13/Mk7 Golf GT 2.0 TDI 150PS DSG Tornado Red, MY14/2K Caddy Startline 1.6 TDI 102PS Manual Candy White

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
Re: BT Sport takes rights for Moto GP coverage in 2014.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 07:52:25 am »
They have and they havn't

There will be a pre and a post race show unlike on Eurosport. Personally, I watch the build up on the BBC then the race on Eurosport

It will all depend on who the commentators and presenters are, somewhere I hear Jake Humphrey but I'm not sure anything is confirmed yet. Hopefully Toby and Julian go but I'm not too sure. I got back from the Jerez round on Monday just gone and met Toby and Julian and Matt Roberts and Azi Farni at the airport on the way home. Speaking to them confirmed that they are proper bike fans and genuinely love the sport, especially Toby and Julian. If the had Matt and Azi doing pre and post race and Toby and Jules doing the commentary I couldn't think of a better show

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 08:36:30 am »
have to agree with matt, i love the pre race on bbc and then switch to toby and Julien, if its more of a sky F1 sort of format then i can live with the £15 a month, either way i will have to watch it somewhere, not missed a race in over 20 years!! but to me losing the eurosport commentators would be a real shame.
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline Mk5Dom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 08:37:28 am »
Time will tell.
Past: MY07/Mk5 Golf Match 1.9 TDI 105PS Manual Steel Grey Metallic
Present: MY13/Mk7 Golf GT 2.0 TDI 150PS DSG Tornado Red, MY14/2K Caddy Startline 1.6 TDI 102PS Manual Candy White