Make a donation

Author Topic: Hesitation after gear changes. Stage 2 K03  (Read 2978 times)

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 18
Hesitation after gear changes. Stage 2 K03
« on: May 16, 2013, 10:55:59 am »
I find at times after a quick gear change the engine feels massively bogged down and doesn't pull well at all. I've heard this could be to do with the software trying to bring in the boost slowly? I have gone through Vagcom and scanned with no error's at all. Setting are a safe B7 T4 F8.

Anyone else had this?

Offline dokez

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: Hesitation after gear changes. Stage 2 K03
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 11:18:04 am »
Try boost 8 or 9. Log during changes.

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 11:22:20 am »
I used to run 8, turned to 7 as was less aggressive and power was more linear and seems the same. I have also used 6, and played with AFR and timing a small amount. It's either something buggy in the software or there is an underlying issue, if someone else has experienced the same it may put my mind more at rest and leaves me to speak to revo.

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 71
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 11:25:44 am »
I wonder if it could be the plugs fouling. Does it do it all the time or with different settings in the sps?
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 12:17:58 pm »
It generally does it all the time irreverent of settings. It has seemed to have this issue since its been mapped even after a recent and frequent plug changes. Doesn't happen every gear change but when really hammering it, 1st and 2nd are ok as traction doesn't allow full power all the time but when changing to 3rd or 4th it feels like it dies at times, but will only happen on 20% of changes. Mega annoying if going for an overtake on a country road and then the engine feels strangled!

As a side note the only mods the engine doesn't have is upgraded fuel pump or Intercooler.

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 450
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 04:57:42 pm »
Are you sure you aren't getting some clutch slip?
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 07:12:27 pm »
Are you sure you aren't getting some clutch slip?

:grin: yes I'm 100% sure it's not clutch slip, for one the revs don't rise as the engine hasn't got the power. Just curious as to if anyone has had this also.

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 10:45:54 am »
i know this is an old thread and the op hasn't been online since last year, but i don't suppose anyone has heard if he got this fixed? i have the exact same issue - 3-4th. everything logs fine. I do have autotec internals, and an airtec cooler which the op said they didn't, so i can't see it being a fuelling or boost issue. Took it back to the revo dealer and he is claiming he has definately loaded a dsg spec 2+ map (no dsg remap), and that when he changed boost from 8 to 9 it made it worse. The only thing he has said is that he reckons that the mechatronics unit is on its way out. Anyone heard of this?

Also, what do revo stage 2+ ko3's pull torque wise on average?