Make a donation

Author Topic: When is the next meet?  (Read 22353 times)

Offline The wheel man

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
Re: When is the next meet?
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2008, 12:37:28 pm »
its not fair saying "further south" when the conversation has just been between southerns!! i think the last meet area is about right, i like robs idea aswell with the sprint track,

end of january sounds good, shall we say SATURDAY 26TH JANUARY?? now if we have a date set we can concentrate on a good venue  :happy2:

26th's a Monday!!  :signLOL:  24th or 31st.  Sprint track sounds like a great idea, give me a good chance to test my new TPMS system!!
APR cat back, ECS Insert

Offline T88OMM

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2008, 12:49:03 pm »
Im defo up for the sprint track....something different and gives us all chance to open our cars up legally  :happy2: Any saturday in January is fine for me  :smiley:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2008, 12:49:28 pm »
SATURDAY 31ST

:rolleye: :rolleye:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2008, 04:33:31 pm »
^^^ Agreed Saturday 31st and some where around the midlands.  :smiley:

Lets get a venue agree and then we can start of list of attendees  :happy2:

I think somewhere like the last meet location would be best for this time of year and then put plans into place for a bigger event at a track/circuit for when the weather might be better.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2008, 04:49:09 pm »
^^^ Agreed Saturday 31st and some where around the midlands.  :smiley:

Lets get a venue agree and then we can start of list of attendees  :happy2:

I think somewhere like the last meet location would be best for this time of year and then put plans into place for a bigger event at a track/circuit for when the weather might be better.

.... x2 :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2008, 04:55:32 pm »
that sprint track looks good thow! but may be better in the summer time  8)

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2008, 04:59:07 pm »
that sprint track looks good thow! but may be better in the summer time  8)

Yep I agree the sprint track would be great and I will be looking into this for the early summer months  :happy2:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2008, 08:18:43 pm »
So us southerns have to travel 170 miles whilst you nothern lads go 80 odd miles, hardly fair is it!!!!, is the weather too warm if you head south for you northerns or something!!! :surprised: Northampton area would be a good call. Thats in the middle of the uk!!

Most people are from the Manchester area and stafford isnt exactly far south from there, but it could be harder for a couple that come down from further afield. For the likes of myself, stealthwolf,redrobin have miles to go, as there isnt an easy route to get there. Birmingham south would be 130 miles and about the limit. If you drove south for 130 miles from krispy Cremes , where would that get you??? London??

Manchester to Northampton 128 miles

Southampton to Northampton 135 miles

(as an example, to show roughly how much further us southern boys have to travel.)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 08:31:22 pm by Phil Mcavity »

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2008, 08:44:39 pm »
So us southerns have to travel 170 miles whilst you nothern lads go 80 odd miles, hardly fair is it!!!!, is the weather too warm if you head south for you northerns or something!!! :surprised: Northampton area would be a good call. Thats in the middle of the uk!!

Most people are from the Manchester area and stafford isnt exactly far south from there, but it could be harder for a couple that come down from further afield. For the likes of myself, stealthwolf,redrobin have miles to go, as there isnt an easy route to get there. Birmingham south would be 130 miles and about the limit. If you drove south for 130 miles from krispy Cremes , where would that get you??? London??

Manchester to Northampton 128 miles

Southampton to Northampton 135 miles

(as an example, to show roughly how much further us southern boys have to travel.)

You have also got to take into account the amount of peeps from each area, at the moment there is Stealth, Red and yourself from the med from the north there is 5 times that amount so its all relative. it is always going to be painful for a few people but as i posted earlier, may be the bottom of the M6 were it meets the M1 would be more central.  :grouphug:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2008, 08:52:35 pm »
Agreed, rugby, coventry or south Brum area's are more middle, 130 miles is more do'able

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2008, 09:09:58 pm »
Like I said above, the location should change regularly so it's spread out more. Unfair for those of us down south to have to drive up each and everytime.

This way everyone has to drive some considerable distance to make the meet.

We need to put our locations on one of those map thingies so we can figure out where everyone is based and use that to help decide future venues.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline billyboy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • Billy lar
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2008, 09:19:50 pm »
just a thought, and am not driving in any wedges, or splitting the site in two,or more
this is a site for all, and wouldnt it be best for us to draw a cross on the map of britain, north, south, east, west. then having a representative (if thats spelt right) for each corner/region, and do are/your own thing monthly/yearly when ever,
then when show season starts get together as a club/forum/group/mob,
just tell me to EFF OFF if am talking 80ll0CK5
but that could be an answer, we could travel to other meets/gatherings if you/we wanted to catch up with others
yes/no
delete if ness
billy

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2008, 09:23:19 pm »
I thought about suggesting something similar but then figured it'd lead to problems and people forming their own 'cliques', which is a bad thing.

My suggestion was to first see where everyone comes from then have say "north" "midlands" and "south" groups and the meet would change between each of the three regions and that group would be responsible for organising location, food and timing. This way, everyone would have to travel roughly the same amount in the rotation.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2008, 09:24:30 pm »
just a thought, and am not driving in any wedges, or splitting the site in two,or more
this is a site for all, and wouldnt it be best for us to draw a cross on the map of britain, north, south, east, west. then having a representative (if thats spelt right) for each corner/region, and do are/your own thing monthly/yearly when ever,
then when show season starts get together as a club/forum/group/mob,
just tell me to EFF OFF if am talking 80ll0CK5
but that could be an answer, we could travel to other meets/gatherings if you/we wanted to catch up with others
yes/no
delete if ness
billy

Hopefully, well im sure that will happen eventually when we have more members. The idea at the moment is to get this place off to a good start and try and get as many members as possible together as one big Mk 5 community.  :drinking:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2008, 09:30:54 pm »
Like I said above, the location should change regularly so it's spread out more. Unfair for those of us down south to have to drive up each and everytime.

This way everyone has to drive some considerable distance to make the meet.

We need to put our locations on one of those map thingies so we can figure out where everyone is based and use that to help decide future venues.

Whilst this is a good idea, I dont think it will work in the real world.... I think what will happen is that people will only go to meets that they can 'be bothered' to go to. With all due respect, I can't see Joe coming to a meet in e.g. Southampton, and likewise, I can't see yourself or I going to a meet in Newcastle / Manchester!! So, it may result in arguments along the lines of "well I bothered to make the journey up to Manchester, so why can't you make the effort to come to Southhampton......................

In reply to other posts...

I think regional meets will come about as the forum grows definitely! And Billyboy's idea of regional reps is a great idea, and Im sure it will happen! Its certainly a feature of a lot of other online motoring forums, and its a system that works well.

I think its all about picking a central (ish) location that everyone is willing to travel to, that will get a good turnout of 20+ cars, so that we as a community grow together kinda thing! Not in dispersed units as it were...

2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp