Make a donation

Author Topic: When is the next meet?  (Read 22345 times)

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: When is the next meet?
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2008, 09:35:19 pm »
i for one think travelling to one central location, be it 200 miles away once every 2 months or so on a sunday or saturday isnt too much to ask is it?

I think whilst we still have small numbers on the forum, which i think is great to be honest, we shouldnt bother with the regional thing, yet.

I dont mind travelling to the next one! it would be great to have a large number of northern guys convoying down. with some decent weather we'l get a load good rolling shots!

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2008, 09:37:45 pm »
i for one think travelling to one central location, be it 200 miles away once every 2 months or so on a sunday or saturday isnt too much to ask is it?

I think whilst we still have small numbers on the forum, which i think is great to be honest, we shouldnt bother with the regional thing, yet.

I dont mind travelling to the next one! it would be great to have a large number of northern guys convoying down. with some decent weather we'l get a load good rolling shots!

X2

Sorry JPC - didn't really get a chance to meet you properly at the meet last weekend. Also want to say a big thank you for sorting out the photos - I look forward to seeing the rest of them  :smiley: :smiley:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2008, 09:40:15 pm »
Like I said above, the location should change regularly so it's spread out more. Unfair for those of us down south to have to drive up each and everytime.

This way everyone has to drive some considerable distance to make the meet.

We need to put our locations on one of those map thingies so we can figure out where everyone is based and use that to help decide future venues.

Whilst this is a good idea, I dont think it will work in the real world.... I think what will happen is that people will only go to meets that they can 'be bothered' to go to. With all due respect, I can't see Joe coming to a meet in e.g. Southampton, and likewise, I can't see yourself or I going to a meet in Newcastle / Manchester!! So, it may result in arguments along the lines of "well I bothered to make the journey up to Manchester, so why can't you make the effort to come to Southhampton......................

In reply to other posts...

I think regional meets will come about as the forum grows definitely! And Billyboy's idea of regional reps is a great idea, and Im sure it will happen! Its certainly a feature of a lot of other online motoring forums, and its a system that works well.

I think its all about picking a central (ish) location that everyone is willing to travel to, that will get a good turnout of 20+ cars, so that we as a community grow together kinda thing! Not in dispersed units as it were...

You may have your blonde moments as you said before. But your post here is spot on and very eloquently put.  :driver:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2008, 09:41:21 pm »
Like I said above, the location should change regularly so it's spread out more. Unfair for those of us down south to have to drive up each and everytime.

This way everyone has to drive some considerable distance to make the meet.

We need to put our locations on one of those map thingies so we can figure out where everyone is based and use that to help decide future venues.

Whilst this is a good idea, I dont think it will work in the real world.... I think what will happen is that people will only go to meets that they can 'be bothered' to go to. With all due respect, I can't see Joe coming to a meet in e.g. Southampton, and likewise, I can't see yourself or I going to a meet in Newcastle / Manchester!! So, it may result in arguments along the lines of "well I bothered to make the journey up to Manchester, so why can't you make the effort to come to Southhampton......................

In reply to other posts...

I think regional meets will come about as the forum grows definitely! And Billyboy's idea of regional reps is a great idea, and Im sure it will happen! Its certainly a feature of a lot of other online motoring forums, and its a system that works well.

I think its all about picking a central (ish) location that everyone is willing to travel to, that will get a good turnout of 20+ cars, so that we as a community grow together kinda thing! Not in dispersed units as it were...

You may have your blonde moments as you said before. But your post here is spot on and very eloquently put.  :driver:

Thank you Sir!!

Yep, Im the first to admit that Im fooking stupid sometimes!!  :sleepy: :sleepy:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2008, 10:01:05 pm »
im sure at the next meet we'll have a chat! to be honest i would love a good trip daaann saaaf!

i do a lorra driving and its nothing to me to be honest. im sure with good enough notice its pheasble? im sure tom and gaz would  :happy2:

Offline billyboy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • Billy lar
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2008, 10:12:21 pm »
I spose at the moment coz its early days and a new site that someone is going to do more miles travelling than someone else,
so with that in mind who decides where were going next,  :driver:

i eat, sleep, talk, got the belly for distance.  :party:
billy
10-4 for a copy, come-on

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2008, 10:21:13 pm »
10-4 receieved! haha

Offline billyboy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
  • Billy lar
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2008, 10:22:53 pm »
10-4 receieved! haha

10-10 lets do it again
 :signLOL:

Offline RobMKV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2008, 10:33:35 pm »
I dont mind a drive at all, but the last meet did have great turout so cant have been a bad location  :smiley:

Agreed the sprint traxk will be better when we know it will be better weather, i think its something we have to start
planning soon.
New Golf on the Way :D

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2008, 11:45:57 pm »

If something is worth going to it doesn't matter how far. I'll happily drive 170 miles to go to VWR, or 150 each way for lunch with a friend. We're all different and some peeps can't be bothered to drive 30 miles!

Others have commitments (family etc) which limits their range.

Oxford sounds good, lower down the M6 sounds good, that sprint track sounds good....

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2008, 12:24:40 am »
I don't mind travelling further for a good venue......

as long as it also has decent FOOOOD :party: :party: :party:
Golf R gone.

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2008, 09:22:09 am »
i live 60 miles north of manchester! but can travel a lil more south than the last meet aslong as its a good convoy  :happy2:

are we saying Saturday 31 January then for sure as il put it in my book!  :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2008, 11:06:34 am »
Yep Saturday 31st it is.

The requirements: -

1 - A bit further south this time but a similar type of venue to Stafford.

2 - A pub that serves good food for Hurdy  :wink:

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2008, 11:34:34 am »
is it worth starting a new thred now or shall we wait till we have a venue?  :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2008, 11:36:36 am »
Wait for the venue me thinks  :happy2: