Make a donation

Author Topic: #1011 Ed30 Quattro Stage 2+ Build  (Read 1290 times)

Offline BillyTahir

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • ED30 #1011
    • Email
#1011 Ed30 Quattro Stage 2+ Build
« on: July 23, 2023, 12:57:12 pm »
Hi all, i wanted to show you all my Eddy 30 which iv’e owned for like 3 years or so. Here is my build thread.

Background

I bought it from a private trader, and it had always been maintained at a very high standard regardless the cost weather it does 1k miles or 3k. I had a few modifications on the car which some where already on the car such as Stage 1 Map, RNS315 With Upgraded Gateway, Polly Bushed Subframe, Dogbone Mount, Folding Mirrors, MK7 R Gearknob, Skyline Modded Rear Lights, Milltek Non Res Turboback System.

Year Or So Down The Line

Engine Decided It No Longer Wanted To Live (Balance Shaft Decided To Seize) Engine was beyond repairable only had good top end but then again i’d have to send that off to machine shop to get checked so was pointless i then lost hope in the car had it recovered to my friends unit and was parked outside since was meant to be secure. Few months down the line he rings me ‘Billy by any chance you didn’t start taking bits off your eddy?’ Anyway i got there front end missing wheels missing window smashed, seats missing and few other petty things…

Long Story Short

I did give up on it initially but then thought it is what it is things happen so i bought a CDL engine with 40k miles complete, stage 2+ ecu kit, genuine mk6 golf r alloy wheels, mk7.5 golf r interior seats, mk7.5 gti steering wheel, mk6 golf r CH control module for steering and stalks, s3 8p complete front subframe aluminium control arms with anti lift kit h&r anti roll bar, mk6 rcomplete rear subframe with poly bushings, s3 Quattro fuel tank, mk6 r propshaft, mk6 r abs pump, vis hpfp, rs3 8v front brake Calipers, mk6 r rear brake set up, good deal off my mate on his billstein suspention with ttrs top mounts, forge intercooler.

So Thats The Car Now

Most of the parts i purchased i never installed as they would take too long to do specially the quattro conversion so i just got the car running instead.

Fast Forward Today 23/July/23

Ive started my quattro conversion and just going all out on the build so we may run into some issues or may not might be easy but we’ll soon find out but i will make a diy type of thing for the full quattro and whats needed etc as i dont think there is anything on the net that shows or explains properly about everything
 :pomppomp:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2023, 12:58:47 pm by BillyTahir »

Offline BillyTahir

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • ED30 #1011
    • Email
Re: #1011 Ed30 Quattro Stage 2+ Build
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2023, 03:05:41 pm »

Today wasn’t really as productive but fitted the upgraded intercooler, golf r seats but had to modify the rear bench to fit properly, red seat belts and mk7.5 gti steering wheel and scirocco R climite control panel had to re wire some pins to make it work correctly