Make a donation

Author Topic: Ed30 #1521  (Read 144462 times)

Offline MateyGuv

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 67
  • Instagram & YouTube - mateyguv
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69555.0.html
Re: Ed30 #1521
« Reply #420 on: January 24, 2018, 12:52:12 am »
Thank you to all those who have subscribed to me, I really appreciate it  :love:
Just over 200 to go now
https://www.youtube.com/user/MateyGuv

Offline teo_parvu

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 57
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96115.msg955433.html#new
« Reply #421 on: January 24, 2018, 10:26:23 am »
I will subscribe my wife's account too.

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #422 on: January 24, 2018, 03:37:26 pm »
I will subscribe my wife's account too.

I've done that too (without she knowing it :signLOL:).

Offline Molesy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #423 on: January 25, 2018, 01:49:19 pm »
Just read this whole thread, wow what a car you had - I wonder where it is now. Sorry to hear about your illness, hope its something that can be sorted out. I've subbed to your channel and will do with my other account over the weekend.

Molesy  :happy2:

Offline MateyGuv

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #424 on: January 26, 2018, 01:24:01 pm »
@Molesy she’s still out there but on personal plates now. Sold as it was so didn’t have to split her for parts which was something I really didn’t want to do

Thanks everyone for their subs on my YouTube - only another 197 to go and I’ll reach 1000 subs so will keep getting a few quid out of it  :happy2:

Offline GPem3:16

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #425 on: October 07, 2020, 05:22:09 pm »
I installed a Genuine GPS/GSM/FM/DAB antenna a while ago and was waiting for an eBay deal on an RNS510 DAB. One came up so grabbed it, bought a Bluetooth kit from Eddie-NL which meant doing this to my car to install it right - hate seeing the Ed like this!!

Bits to fit - custom loom for MDI,BT & Aux. As normal top notch stuff from Eddie

Aux fitted

BT module fitted

DAB works

Phone kit works

BT Audio works. I'm pleasantly surprised that the info displays through the RNS and I have control over next/previous track on the RNS as this was something that confused me when looking for kits. In the end I just went with Eddies advice and really happy  :happy2: Also I have not had to mess around with any re wiring to get stereo - it was all good out the box

Even displays through red screen   :smiley:

This is what I need to do.
Any part numbers available for the bt module, mdi and loom please

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Offline niddnet

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
...and 1521 is BACK!!
« Reply #426 on: May 18, 2023, 02:55:21 pm »
Hello everyone.

I'm a brand new poster here.  And this is my first real post, other than updating the Ed30 Register.

Just to tell you that 1521 is now back again on her original 57 Plates.

How do I know?  Because I am now the VERY proud owner.  I have resurrected this thread with @MateyGuv permission and blessing, as I know there was a lot of following for the car.  I did NOT get it direct from Mateyguv, and according to the V5 I will be the SEVENTH owner - lucky number 7.  I think James was maybe number 3 from the paperwork I've got?

What can I tell you so far?

Well, the mileage is approx 78k now.  It did NOT come with any of the AWD stuff (but it's been a while, so I imagine that was sold off).  The rear cup holder is broken.  The immobiliser chip in the spare key doesn't work (something I actually only found out AFTER accidentally breaking the immo chip on the first key).

So right now, the mileage is definitely NOT increasing - as poor Ed is Immovable!!!  With huge thanks to @MateyGuv he has contacted the guys who originally did the coding of the clocks (remember the sexy Mk6 colour MFD with the scirocco R dials?) - and they've recommended a reliable auto locksmith who's coming over to sort me out... and then I'll actually be able to DRIVE it!!

Just for the record; this won't be a resurrection of all the mods and work on the vehicle; I am disabled, and health, work, and natural lack of talent mean I'll be nowhere near qualified enough to follow in Matey's footsteps.  My plan is to maintain, and maybe make small increments where I can for the time being.

So if anyone wants to know where #1521 is... HIYA!   :happy2:... but don't expect content like before, just setting expectations :D

Oh yea, and this is my first ever Golf, and only my second ever VW!  Be nice to me :P

N

Offline Clarky

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #427 on: May 19, 2023, 08:11:17 am »
Welcome to the forum and welcome back to the car. Can't lie, i hadn't read the build thread till yesterday and its stunning. Keep us updated on the car and there is plenty of knowledge on here if you need it

Offline MateyGuv

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #428 on: May 19, 2023, 08:27:43 am »
Hello Pal  :happy2:
Not gonna lie it felt weird not seeing my name next to number 1521 even after all these years! I’m really chuffed you decided to update the forum about the car and over the moon that you seem like a proper decent bloke who will care for her. I think I was the 5th owner. It started as a dealer self registered car then was sold to a local business owner who then had it registered to his son then was sold to someone else. I bought it off them in Scotland.
When you get the car working again get some pictures up - I’d love to see her again  :pomppomp: :pomppomp: :pomppomp:

Offline niddnet

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #429 on: May 19, 2023, 10:23:15 am »
Absolutely will - I will be happy to give a status report.

@MateyGuv when she's going again, will get you on a Whatsapp Voice call and take you for a drive again haha :)

Really appreciate the general offer of advice and help - I'm sure I'm going to need it.

(my other motor is a Touareg RLine on a 63 with 95k.  Just updated it to 21" wheels.  It had the original Tarragonas but they were pretty beat, so I got some Mallory 21", newly refurbed... shiny... and were a factory option too.)

Anyway - more Golf news when a) the weather is nicer again, and b) when I've had some new keys paired to the immo since I broke the one working chip!!  D'oH!!!

R

Offline niddnet

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #430 on: July 06, 2023, 11:31:36 am »
All,

With a heavy heart, #1521 must go to a new home, again.

I am in love with this car, and I am captivated by the passion, workmanship and technology that has gone into making it what it is today.  Sadly love, passion and technology - they're not going to pay the bills :(

As well as this, unfortunately, health problems have meant that, since being in my ownership I have covered probably no more than 200 miles in it.  And that's just not fair on the car.  Now an opportunity has presented itself which requires some cash to realise.

The car is in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.

I do not want to enter into any bargaining / etc. in this open forum - this thread is dedicated to everything that #1521 is, rather than the figures of a buy/sell.

You can email me directly (to 1521@nidd.net) or contact me via WhatsApp by clicking/tapping this link:  https://is.gd/ed30_1521

Due to work, I tend not to answer my phone, so don't be offended if you call and I don't answer.  I will (of course) happily talk to serious buyers, but would rather do the first discussions via whatsapp or equivalent! :)

Not the news I expected nor wanted to come here and post, but there we go.

Maybe a great time for @MateyGuv to buy back?! :)

Thanks everyone - please help me give #1521 a good new home!

N