Make a donation

Author Topic: Car wont start,fans running and vag com issues?  (Read 7453 times)

Offline mk4gti-t

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 61
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: Car wont start,fans running and vag com issues?
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 02:13:41 pm »
Having no joy at all with this! Need to get it to the dealers but as ive got no breakdown cover im screwed. Anyone got a car transporter they want to lend me lol

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 02:29:21 pm »
Battery fully juiced?  You've probably checked that already and I know it seems obvious, but when I did my ABS purge a while back, it depleted the battery just enough to give loads of warnings on the dash, car wouldn't turn, error codes via VCDS... quick charge and all was right with the world.

More than likely not this, but always worth trying the simple things.  Best of luck with it mate :happy2:

Offline mk4gti-t

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 02:33:15 pm »
Yea battery seems fine although the green indicator lamp on the battery isnt illuminated. The car turns over fine just wont fire up  :mad:

Offline PX1366GTi

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 02:28:27 pm »
This makes 2 of us.  Its happened to me, I jetted my car and it died when i got home.  Its the ECU, you must of got water in. 

When you turn your key, do you get the engine light on (I didnt).  Try borrowing another ECU and plug in and turn the key (you should get the engine light but wont start cos of the immo), this way you can make sure before sourcing a ECU.

Offline mk4gti-t

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 05:05:34 pm »
No i got the traction control and tyre pressure warning light. Also the lights for dsg were all flashing. I had no readings on the temp gauge and my fans are running very fast.

Offline PX1366GTi

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 07:06:31 pm »
All the lights come on apart from the engine light (not sure if thats the correct name), the orange/yellow one on the left if the dial.  Because if the ECU is dead it can't communicate with it therefore no indication.

Offline mk4gti-t

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 07:10:31 pm »
When i try and scan with vag com it keeps trying to connect but drops out almost as soon as it manages to tries to talk to the ecu???

Offline Neilios_Wol

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2021, 03:36:20 pm »
Hi guys I was wondering if anyone actually found a cure for this? I’ve got exactly the same issue that started a little while ago but haven’t had a chance to look at it till now. I’ve checked the fuse box for water. Replaced the relay on the ops under the steering wheel. I’m running into a bit of a dead end and wondered if anyone had any more info on this thread?