Make a donation

Author Topic: BSH Catch tank alternative fit.  (Read 29737 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: BSH Catch tank alternative fit.
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2009, 11:42:49 am »
^^^^
C'mon guys! Of course I went for the GB of my own accord - I'm saying that I may not have made the best decision (my fault and no-one else's).

Yes it is a very good product but I'm now wondering if it's the best I personally could have bought (regardless of a cost factor). I knew about there being no sight glass and now am thinking that this is a minus - If I wrote this in a review under the heading of "Minus Points" would you still be jumping down my throat?

I'm entitled to express my opinion and that's all it is.

EDIT: Perhaps I should have used the word "tempted by" rather than "sucked into" in my earlier post. I've now edited that post.

As you were, you lot! :P :grin:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 11:54:05 am by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2009, 12:35:32 pm »
 :indifferent:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2009, 12:40:57 pm »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2009, 12:44:30 pm »
:indifferent:

....Typical Joe! :laugh: :happy2:

Typical Steve as well :rolleye: - You and I just don't speak the same language much of the time :grin:

Typical Robin post too! :laugh:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2009, 01:26:22 pm »
robin,

Not at all jumping down your throat, I just wanted this thread to be constructive.  Good or bad points, but constructive.  i value your input, and would like to have it in this thread. 

Just to say 'sucked in, cheapest not always best' etc does not help.  But as always your constructive views are most welcome.

(work comp will do Thumbs!)

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2009, 01:33:41 pm »
robin,

Not at all jumping down your throat, I just wanted this thread to be constructive.  Good or bad points, but constructive.  i value your input, and would like to have it in this thread. 

Just to say 'sucked in, cheapest not always best' etc does not help.  But as always your constructive views are most welcome.

.... :drinking: Sorry, I'm just expressing exactly what's in my mind - You know what I'm like!

:grouphug:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2009, 06:28:41 pm »
robin,

.... :drinking: Sorry, I'm just expressing exactly what's in my mind - You know what I'm like!

:grouphug:

I think RR's input on products is ussually very helpful and constructive.  Just have to take a look at one of his product reviews, structured and impartial.  Easy to get carried away whe you have an opinion sometimes eh... Just my 2p  :happy2:

Offline Dubtek

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2009, 07:56:09 am »
Robin, there is a fairly simple and lowish cost solution to your issues with having no sight glass, an issue which I too also dont like, but not everyone needs/wants this function or has the funds to pay the extra for it. Thats added to the fact that in the location when BSH intend the can to be housed, there is no room for a bigger can.

In the location in which both I as you know, and you have located our cans there is plenty of room for a bigger diameter can, with a sight glass....if you want to change the can for a nice sexy carbon looking can with a sight glass, I can offer this for not much more than the tow loops.... :happy2:

Rightly pointed out, I also believe a move away from the LHD mounting positions on all BSH engine products needs to happen if they are to maintain a good rep over here - some people will get fed up with their products not being bolt on, hassle free kits if the LHD issues are encountered too much over here. I am speaking to Phil@BSH to make this clear today.

I can see your points raised in this thread and the other but as people have pointed out, the information was there, along with detailed information and pictures on the BSH site prior to the purchase, but an 'upgrade' to a more comprehensive can wont set you back a great deal at all.

If I can be of any help or assistance in this department, do let me know.

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2009, 08:28:48 am »
can for a nice sexy carbon looking can with a sight glass

OMG NO !  :evilgrin: I havent even received my kit yet and you've got us spending even more.........
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2009, 08:37:11 am »

Robin, there is a fairly simple and lowish cost solution to your issues with having no sight glass, an issue which I too also dont like, but not everyone needs/wants this function or has the funds to pay the extra for it. Thats added to the fact that in the location when BSH intend the can to be housed, there is no room for a bigger can.

In the location in which both I as you know, and you have located our cans there is plenty of room for a bigger diameter can, with a sight glass....if you want to change the can for a nice sexy carbon looking can with a sight glass, I can offer this for not much more than the tow loops.... :happy2:

Rightly pointed out, I also believe a move away from the LHD mounting positions on all BSH engine products needs to happen if they are to maintain a good rep over here - some people will get fed up with their products not being bolt on, hassle free kits if the LHD issues are encountered too much over here. I am speaking to Phil@BSH to make this clear today.

I can see your points raised in this thread and the other but as people have pointed out, the information was there, along with detailed information and pictures on the BSH site prior to the purchase, but an 'upgrade' to a more comprehensive can wont set you back a great deal at all.

If I can be of any help or assistance in this department, do let me know.

....Excellent! I'm so glad you can see that my posted criticisms were essentially constructive feedback (designers, even retired, are hardwired into analysis and constantly asking how a creation can be improved). I'm very glad to hear that Phil@BSH will hear our collective thoughts - Manufacturers and designers are invariably helped and pleased to receive honest feedback, both negative and positive, and can filter it as they wish.

Just to clarify: I was never dissatisfied with the product overall and knew mostly what I was buying, though the proof of any pudding is in the eating. I'd be offering it for sale if I was so unhappy with it. I have no regrets about buying it and am grateful for the group buy.

I'm very interested indeed in the sight glass can you mention (I love anything "sexy looking") - What o/a diameter is it please? I just need to check that it won't severely inhibit a future high flow tubular intake if I keep the current location.

Nice one, Ben! :drinking:

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2009, 08:38:57 am »
 :popcornsoda: