Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk5 GTi in under 12 seconds down a strip.  (Read 7028 times)

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Re: Mk5 GTi in under 12 seconds down a strip.
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 11:51:16 am »
Has the S3 gone now I take it JC? Did you get what you want for I hope?

Yeah S3 was sold within a few hours of putting it up for sale, and was happy with what I got yeah  :happy2:

I think 12's this year at GTI International would be pretty good really, and 0-60 under 5 seconds.. Thats my target anyways  :happy2:
If you get in the 12's it'd be a big thumbs up from me.. My 13.2 was in proper good conditions, but was onlt Stage 1 Revo with Milltek TBE. Have tried twice with the Stage 2 since and added to my terminal speed slightly, but only managed a 13.4. The conditions weren't as good and tyres were pretty shot. So there is room for improvement, but 12's is a bit further away than I originally thought.. :grin:
IMO for 12's you'll need 350bhp+ (which won't be a problem for you I wouldn't think), good conditions and a proper low 60ft time. All of which are easily achievable (with DSG) without going for bigger blower IMO. Roll on April!  :laugh:
What power figure you aiming for for GTI Fest Jonny?

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 02:07:36 pm »
Yea I agree with all of that.. May have some slicks on the car to help the 60ft times..

Im hoping for around 400hp, that would be perfect power with the DSG GTI combo IMO..

Would be nice to get in the 12's with standard turbo  :wink:

Jonny
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 06:26:49 pm »
Yea I agree with all of that.. May have some slicks on the car to help the 60ft times..

Im hoping for around 400hp, that would be perfect power with the DSG GTI combo IMO..

Would be nice to get in the 12's with standard turbo  :wink:

Jonny

I haven't given up yet mate..  :wink: Won't be going for anymore mods (although a pump maybe an option next year dependent on how things go elsewhere). But will try lobbing the back seats out, some fresh rubber on and on the right day, who knows..  :wink: