Make a donation

Author Topic: How To: EGR Valve / EGR Cooler Delete Mk5 TDI (BKD / BMN)  (Read 231389 times)

Offline Steve192vw

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: How To: EGR Valve / EGR Cooler Delete Mk5 TDI (BKD / BMN)
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2020, 11:47:46 am »
Hi people, I know this an old thread but it’s a brilliant one! I just have one question. I have the Bkd 140 engine and I’m wanting to blank the egr off. If I just remove the vacuum hose from the actual egr side and bing it what affect will that have? Will this stop the egr being operational?

Offline kevster996

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2020, 05:14:05 pm »
Ive done the EGR delete by fitting a kit and its all removed now. Ive got a custom remap with no history as was done by previous owner. Now Im getting overboost P0234 and its failed the MOT. Airflow is too high so its pumping in too much fuel to compensate.

Everythings been checked out, turbo off and cleaned, tested, vaccuums checked, new MAF (bosch), new actuator.

Im thinking it must be the remap thats not happy with no EGR now?
Golf 5 2005, 2.0 TDI 4motion, remapped to 175bhp, lowered on eibach springs, GTI front end, GTI half leather interior

Offline M4rkyj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2020, 05:13:35 pm »
Hi everyone!
Ive just signed up and this is my first post here, purely to say a massive thanks to Jas for an amazing write up.
Followed it as much as I could, and managed to get the egr off and the dark side blank pipe fitted, removed the egr gas pipe, ended up hacksawing it because of the turbo oil pipe and the coolant return from heater matrix that are in the way, and also deleted the cooler, however left it in situ, as it is a PITA to remove, so just bypassed for now.
First start up seems like she’s a lot smoother and ALOT less smoke coming from the pipes. I have noticed it idles at a higher RPM about 1100 whereas before it was about 8/900rpm.

I’ve got a mk5 golf 170 BMN engine and it’s had the DPF delete and remap to go with it. Ever since then the idle has been horrible and plumes of acrid smoke from the exhaust. Hopefully the egr delete has made it easier to breath and also think the dpf map included the egr delete as it’s not thrown up any lights.

Thanks again Jas, legendary write up and I’m sure it’s helped more than just the people who have commented 👍🏼👍🏼