Make a donation

Author Topic: Rear Brake Pad Upgrades....  (Read 31291 times)

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
Re: Rear Brake Pad Upgrades....
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2010, 12:56:07 pm »

Without locking horns again Robin and covering old ground, track cars no problem, no road ride height, uber stiff suspension.

The adverse dive can be dialed out when there are no other compromises to make

The S4 brakes just look like R32/S3 brakes from the front, you'd need to strip them and measure the piston to be sure...

Unless you asked of course in which case I'll stfu!  :signLOL:

....No locking of horns - Just discussion. We don't have to agree about everything.

At least you've now written it in plain English I can understand :grin: (re track cars) - The highly detailed tech stuff goes over my head.

No I didn't ask about if they were S4 brakes - I would have felt a bit stupid as they had S4 written on them.

:drinking:
Just throw a spanner in the works - they could have fitted an S4 caliper spring to an identical looking S3 caliper - therefore had 57mm pistons.  :wink:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
Re: Rear Brake Pad Upgrades....
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2010, 12:59:55 pm »

If there is so much difference with the pad wear, do you think that you could get VWR or JKM to alter the brake bias to give more bite at the rear?

....Is this done via software? If so, then Keith at JKM would be best to do it.

It's something T-T DEMANDED should be done, but as usual when asked to explain how you do it, he couldn't/wouldn't answer. I dont know anyone who knows anything about it or its parameters. I'm guessing it's a dealer version of VCDS job?

Worth finding out though.

Hey - that's a bit harsh!  I may have strongly recommended doing it - but never 'demanded' anything.  And I've regularly posted links to both the vortex thread and the RossTech wiki site.  :smiley:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~