Make a donation

Author Topic: 62% insurance increase anyone?  (Read 434 times)

Offline Lewo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
62% insurance increase anyone?
« on: May 02, 2024, 11:47:37 pm »
Yep, email today says that's what they want.....62% more  :rolleye:
Robbing so and so's, will check comparison sites sure enough.
Was expecting an increase from what I've read but nope, not on.

Offline Jons1001

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 7
Re: 62% insurance increase anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 11:24:29 am »
Like any insurance, broadband etc. they rip the absolute piss on renewals.

I always get quotes from comparison sites and also a few brokers and then ring the best 2 or 3 to see if i can get a better price. I ring the cheapest first and say 'x company have offered it for £40 less than your quote can you match it?'

Sometimes works sometimes not but worth a go.

Offline OllieVRS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 05:14:06 pm »
Less and less insurers here in Ireland want to insure the poor vRS, as it's now 18 years old. According to most of them anything over 10 years old is a death trap  :grin:

The ones that still offer to insure it have put up their prices, I assume due to the age of the car rather than other statistics.

You'll just have to shop around for a better quote.
'06 Skoda Octavia vRS TFSI

Offline terrier

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 37
  • My Ride: GTI now gone
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 05:23:26 pm »
Dog insurance has gone from £18 to £32/month :grin:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 675
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2024, 10:03:45 pm »
Yeah the insurance on my 330d went from £665 last year to £1250 this year  :grin: Mental.

Cheapest quote on Go F'ck yourself was £800 through a no name broker with virtually no cover  :grin:

Car parts and labour costs have increased is their excuse. So what. My skills at work have improved in the last year, that doesn't mean I can demand a 62% pay rise! Greedy forkers.

The whole point of insurance is we all pay into a contingency pot to cover life's unexpected events, so what the fook are they doing with all that money?  Oh the world has changed slightly, boo hoo, 9848% more cash from you please. Utter runts, grrrrrrr.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Lewo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2024, 10:04:53 pm »
Phoned Esure and said I was surprised at their admin error of a 62% increase, they agreed to a 'discount' that brings it down to only a 47% increase  :signLOL:
Worst of all, I tried a couple of comparison sites and they were even more  :surprised:
To be continued.......
And yes I agree, robbing bar stewards the lot of them.

Offline fakie1977

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 10:14:38 am »
I must be in the minority but my renewal quote just came through and I see a significant savings this year (which I’m more than happy to take). The joys of getting on in years I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jons1001

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 10:28:37 am »
Result! Is that a mk5 gti? modified at all? Cheers

Offline fakie1977

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
62% insurance increase anyone?
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 10:34:51 am »
This is for my 2004 Porsche 911 (standard). My Mk5 GTI which was renewed in March came in a quid cheaper (again standard). Between those cars I do less than 3000 miles and they’re both garaged so that probably helps. (Just noticed the Porsche is cheaper than my GTI!!)

My daily driver is my company car so I never have to worry about insurance, road tax or service for that (which is why I can afford my toys). I’ve just order the new BMW i5 Touring as my replacement company car so be interesting to see how a full electric fits in our household.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TheBALDpuma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 04:08:12 pm »
I was surprised at a relatively cheap quote this year.  With mods decalred through Flux I'm paying £550.  I ran a comparethemarket to see what I'd get without the (very small number) of mods, and it was £350.  All cheaper than last year.

For context I'm 36, have about 14years NCB, an SP30 to declare, but live in a BD (bradford) postcode, albiet in a nice area the BD prefix puts the price up. Greenlight wouldn't even quote me.

Offline Lewo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: Today at 10:07:33 am »
I was surprised at a relatively cheap quote this year.  With mods decalred through Flux I'm paying £550.  I ran a comparethemarket to see what I'd get without the (very small number) of mods, and it was £350.  All cheaper than last year.

For context I'm 36, have about 14years NCB, an SP30 to declare, but live in a BD (bradford) postcode, albiet in a nice area the BD prefix puts the price up. Greenlight wouldn't even quote me.

Who did you go with on Compare?

Offline Lewo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: Today at 10:09:07 am »
@fakie good prices but not really a like for like insurance situation!

Offline TheBALDpuma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: Today at 01:00:51 pm »

Who did you go with on Compare?

Well I insured through flux to keep it all above board. The cheap quote on compare was through ageas... Incidentally they're the same people who underwrite my flux policy.