Make a donation

Author Topic: K04 Conversion - Do you ever regret it? How is it for daily driving?  (Read 5410 times)

Offline ZoliWorks

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
Is your throttle body a VDO one? If so, I would swap it for the newer Continental one. I had surging and throttle valve flutter issues with the gen 1 VDO throttle after it was tuned.

Alright I've checked, it is indeed VDO. Do you happen to have a part number for the Continental one, or do they use the same one just different manufacturer/time?
Mk5 Jetta 2.0 TFSI BWA | Mk6 GTI Front | BorgWarner K04 Turbo | Ta-Technix Air Intake | Ta-Technix 200 Cell Downpipe | Stock Intercooler | Stock Injectors | Stock HPFP | 300hp

Offline mjmallia

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 48
I bought a low mile one off eBay for £30.......Continental revised version off a Mk7 GTI or R, as my VDO one was randomly sticking, but smooth on testing.

2018 manufacture year and the P/N is 06F133062T

VCDS to recalibrate it and all has been fine since.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:19:49 am by mjmallia »
Mike

South Coast

S3 8L ---- Golf Mk4 GT TDI ---- Lupo GTI ----  A4 B6 Sline ---- Golf Mk5 GTI

Offline ZoliWorks

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
What were the symptoms of yours when it was sticking, like what did it do exactly? Revs falling slow? Uneven idle? Car randomly dying when coming off-gas? Revs jumping up-down as if it had a vacuum leak?
Mk5 Jetta 2.0 TFSI BWA | Mk6 GTI Front | BorgWarner K04 Turbo | Ta-Technix Air Intake | Ta-Technix 200 Cell Downpipe | Stock Intercooler | Stock Injectors | Stock HPFP | 300hp

Offline mjmallia

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 48
When accelerating it would sometimes feel like the power was being held back for a second and then return, hot or cold.

Boost would suddenly drop on my gauge and return, and felt like something stuck and then suddenly opened......hard to describe.

I could not figure it out and had worked my way round the entire engine......decided to try the newer Conti TB and it resolved all the issues. smooth power delivery and the car also felt more responsive.

100K on the VDO TB and it was an early one too.
Mike

South Coast

S3 8L ---- Golf Mk4 GT TDI ---- Lupo GTI ----  A4 B6 Sline ---- Golf Mk5 GTI