Make a donation

Author Topic: P0299 - Boost pressure regulation - along with oil leak  (Read 27 times)

Offline Reeceyy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Hello. I plugged vcds into the car today after noticing a bad oil leak to see if any codes would come up and a p0299 code boost pressure regulation - 002 - control range not reached come up.

Does anyone know what this could possible be? I have quite a bad oil leak too. Could this code provoke a bad oil leak? From doing a bit of research I've seen that the diverter valve can throw this code. Could oil pass through this valve and leak out of the connector? The oil leak is coming from the back of the engine and that's where the turbo is.

I thought I'd also mention that the other day whilst driving I had the red low oil pressure light come up and that's since thrown a camshaft positioner (bank 1 intake) P000A - 008 - slow response code. I've heard the low oil pressure can throw this code. I have since changed the oil pick up pipe which was full of junk!!! I'm yet to refill the oil and drive it as I only done the job today  and kts still in jack stands but I thought id mention this just in case as I have this mysterious oil leak which it could possibly be linked it to. however I do doubt it.

Thanks for any input.