Make a donation

Author Topic: Big Al's slippery slope  (Read 103373 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: Big Al's slippery slope
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2009, 06:51:00 pm »
That looks fantastic Al!  :congrats: :congrats:

A bit of tyre sheen wouldn't go a miss mind, really make those wheels pop!  :happy2:

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2009, 07:12:07 pm »
That looks fantastic Al!  :congrats: :congrats:

A bit of tyre sheen wouldn't go a miss mind, really make those wheels pop!  :happy2:

Thanks mate, I would, but I park my car on the part of the drive that has not yet been tarmacced, therefore it is in the mud all the time.
Though I do have some of the tyre shine on the way for X-mas.

Offline big al

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2010, 03:19:14 pm »
Finally time for an update, Still parking on the muddy part of the drive, so have not cleaned my wheels properly, couple of months and i'll have the drive done.
Anyways, over Christmas took car to Midland VW for a couple of bits that needed fixing, whilst it was there Jodie kindly put my ED30 Steering wheel on, couldn't get a decent pic, but it basically looks the same as the old one, but with red stitching, you all know what they are like.

Picked the car up today after having the colour coding done at Chase Automotive in Cannock, very nice people, place doesn't look the best, but the work and price was to my liking, and the end result is really good. Took 5 days instead of 3, but didn't need it this week anyways as been at home off work. Do also need to wax the new parts as they look slightly different on the pics:
After seeing the work that people have had done on here, and the front lip not fully done thought I would have a go at that:

Note the red GTI badge on the front courtesy of a certain friend on here,  :happy2:

Since having the H&R Springs fitted, the car now sits pretty nicely, though think I may replace them with adjustable shocks, love the low look at the shows.

Next mod coming this Sunday, And hoping for some xenons to materialise soon.
You guys cost me a fortune, When I had my Polo a few years ago I was satisfied after I put some alloys on, didn't know these sites existed then!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 10:14:08 pm by big al »

Offline paulk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2010, 03:30:58 pm »
very nice  :drool:

Offline big al

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2010, 03:49:01 pm »
very nice  :drool:

The true fastest colour eh Paul!?  :wink:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2010, 03:54:26 pm »
Looking good Al!  :congrats:

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2010, 03:58:36 pm »
looking good mate

i like the wheels on this

they really suite

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2010, 03:59:17 pm »
Ride height makes all the difference.  :happy2:

Offline big al

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2010, 04:10:52 pm »
Def does mate, The pics make the suspension look really poor, and just don't look right. Which set up would you reccomend?

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2010, 04:20:47 pm »
Def does mate, The pics make the suspension look really poor, and just don't look right. Which set up would you reccomend?

It depends what your usage is if you just want a better stance with a slight handling improvement then the H&R springs should Suffice.  :happy2:

If you want to go round corners a bit faster then the AP coils have been getting good reviews with a reasonable price too.  :happy2:

Offline VeeDubDan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2010, 04:30:08 pm »
Good work!  :happy2:

Offline sharpey99

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2010, 05:40:28 pm »
Looking nice that. The head unit that you've got in there, does it play music from a USB stick... I'm after a new headunit but i have to have all my music on a USB stick as I cant stand having too many CDs in my car.
thanks

Offline big al

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2010, 07:05:51 pm »
Looking nice that. The head unit that you've got in there, does it play music from a USB stick... I'm after a new headunit but i have to have all my music on a USB stick as I cant stand having too many CDs in my car.
thanks

Funny story there. It does play through a USB cable, I have mine in the glovebox, Its got a sat nav built in as well, and is a very nice player. Hurdy reccomended it to me, as its the same as his. Only problem is, my ipod has version 1.1.2 on, and you need version 1.2.1 which is older, I have the disc, but have never got around to figuring out how to back up my ipod, so that I can reconfigure it to and older verison. Aside from that, its neat, and DVD's look really good on it.

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2010, 07:10:47 pm »
Dubmeister Reg plates i see there Al!!.

Ive just fitted as set aswell with the Wolfsberg Surround on the rear aswell and really sets the German style Metal plate of a treat.

Love the look of your car. Very tidy indeed and the Rocco wheels suit very well.  :happy2:

Offline sharpey99

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2010, 11:00:49 pm »
thanks

Funny story there. It does play through a USB cable, I have mine in the glovebox, Its got a sat nav built in as well, and is a very nice player. Hurdy reccomended it to me, as its the same as his. Only problem is, my ipod has version 1.1.2 on, and you need version 1.2.1 which is older, I have the disc, but have never got around to figuring out how to back up my ipod, so that I can reconfigure it to and older verison. Aside from that, its neat, and DVD's look really good on it.

Ahhh cool. how much do they cost brand new. iv been looking at an alpine one but its around £600.