Make a donation

Author Topic: new gti owner  (Read 7023 times)

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Re: new gti owner
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2009, 05:09:08 pm »
n yeah i think im gona take it easy to begin with.....get used to it and then maybe look at the power.....

im from bradford and to be honest there aint that many gti's around, alot of r32's mainly because there alot of lads in this city that need a fast get away! lol dealing and what not.......its sad cuz alot of really mint cars lose their reputation round these ends....

you could see a different evo, scooby, r32, type r every day! lol thankfully the gti is not on their radar lol

anyone living mainly inner city know what their weekly fuel cost is ? do most use the v power fuel?

Round my way all the dealers drive more discreet cars such as the GTI. The GTI according to police has become a get away car favourite due to its ability to blend in so easily with ordinary cars.

A popular mod is to upgrade the DV but this is more common on the K04 cars as it tends to be under more pressure.

I always thought this was the other way round, the k04 whilst running more pressue features a remote dv location from the turbo so as far as I was aware are less likely to tear than k03 cars.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 05:14:00 pm by Poverty »

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2009, 06:19:52 pm »

A popular mod is to upgrade the DV but this is more common on the K04 cars as it tends to be under more pressure.

I always thought this was the other way round, the k04 whilst running more pressue features a remote dv location from the turbo so as far as I was aware are less likely to tear than k03 cars.

Well the latest revision is less likely to tear or crack but I think people do it as a precaution. Is the DV same for both the K03 and K04 as the GTI wont be as powerful the standard one will be up to the job??
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2009, 06:34:46 pm »

Well the latest revision is less likely to tear or crack but I think people do it as a precaution. Is the DV same for both the K03 and K04 as the GTI wont be as powerful the standard one will be up to the job??

I think they were the same. I know quite a few of the cupra guys on scn were adamant that with the k04 as std you dont need to uprate the DV. Havent heard of many failures of the pre revision DV on mapped cupras either, but there was obviously a issue with the pre revision DV's.

Offline faheem

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2009, 03:15:45 am »
cool, that should look preety sweet, my std gti is in met black, my 2nd fav colour behind the white.....im looking to get the front splitter done red to match the grill outline.....think one of the guys on here has had it done, looks sick

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2009, 03:54:54 pm »

Indeed! The GTI came with a K03 Turbo and the Edition 30/S3/Cupra comes with a K04.  :happy2:

GTI comes with a K03S, not just a regular K03.

@Faheem/Edition 30 - the K04 has a relocated DV that does not require replacement. The K03S cars originally came with a DV that was located in a very unusual place and that had a rubber diaphragm that was prone to tearing on cars outputting more than stock. There are a few aftermarket replacements for this part; forge, BSH, and Eurojet all do variants. The forge replacement is a direct swap with the OEM unit, and the BSH/Eurojet variants relocate the DV to a position similar to that found in the K04-equipped cars.

The latest OEM "G" revision DV for the K03S has rectified the problem as well and may be considered reliable.