Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk7 R Build thread now up  (Read 236378 times)

Offline doylebros

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
Re: MC71's Red Mistress
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2013, 11:33:38 pm »
Oozes quality and I'm looking forward to reading about it progress as it's a very balanced project in all aspects of looks and performance.  :congrats:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 11:36:53 pm by doylebros »

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2013, 12:52:55 am »
some scrout took a shine to it and peeled it off.  :sad1:
Buy one that affixes to the inside of the windscreen.

Nice motor btw :wink:. Never realised you had so much bhp :scared:, thought it was more show than go. Nice!

Keep up the good work MC :party:
'07 Red manual

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 10:24:29 pm »
^^^^ cheers PJ. As for the bhp figure?

After the next stage of tune I'll go down to JKM and see what their rollers make of it all. Bet its less than on R-Tech's!  All I know is that is that the car gets where its going quicker than it used to.  :evilgrin:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2013, 01:07:22 am »
Beautiful car mate
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2014, 06:41:55 pm »
The Red Mistress  :love: has had a few wee changes recently so it's 'bout time for a quick update. So if your sitting comfy I shall continue!

First off and in no particular order....

I went to see the forum retrofit LEG END guru wizard Ed (Eddie-NL on here) as he was supplying and fitting a brand spanking new Mk6 Golf MFSW, the correct controller and a few other bits. Thought I might need a new Cruise Control Stalk but as it turned out the one that Ed had previously supplied was the correct one for this anyway, happy days!!
As always, nothing's a trouble for Ed and everything is done without fuss and with great care and attention to detail, all while dealing with me and my numerous stupid questions.  :laugh:

The wheel is a Mk6 flat bottomed one with red stitching and more importantly its a MFSW so is a nice little upgrade from my old non MFSW in my Eddy. The new steering wheel had a GLI badge on it so before visiting Ed I bought a nice shiny new Mk6 GTI badge for it from fellow forum peep James (fab5freddy on here) who had a spare for sale, another cracking chap to deal with on the forum.

Mk6 MFSW......

Mk6 GTI badge....

I also added a Mk6 Climatronic unit to the interior. IMHO it looks a lot better than my previous climate control unit and has the benefit of displaying on the Headunit. I had to order a different blender/surround for the Mk6 unit, its a Jetta part and cost a ridicules £30 from the slealers!

Mk6 Climate Control Blender part number......

1K0 858 069 N 1QB

Mk6 Climatronic unit.....

Ed also supplied and fitted an AQS (Air Quality Sensor). I didn't know much (read anything  :ashamed:) about these but he explained its function and its benefit. It appeared a right job to fit and wire it all up but I'm very grateful Ed did it as it seemed a "must do" mod alongside the Mk6 Climatronic unit.

Air Quality Sensor......

And displaying on the Headunit...

A guide (from the my-GTI.com website) for the Air Quality Sensor and its function/operation......

~~ Clicky here ~~

From a previous visit to Ed, he supplied and fitted a VW Bluetooth kit. A brilliant mod is the only way to describe this and a HUGE benefit while driving, plus having the whole thing display on the Headunit makes everything so simple that even a muptard such as myself can operate it without a too much fuss or flapping.

If anyone's interested, the parts (and P/N's) that were supplied by Ed, they are/were as follows...

Bluetooth kit

VW Part Number: 5K0 035 730D (Control Box)
VW Microphone 3B0 035 711B
VW Foam Holder 1K0 919 737M
3rd Party Loom Pnp Loom

I also bought a Black Carpet Cover (which is a Skoda part) and a couple of clips to pin the cover to the foam holder.....

Skoda Carpet Cover in Black 1ZO  971  813  62U
Skoda Clips 6U0 819 055

Bluetooth unit in its foam holder fitted under the drivers seat.....

And with the matching Carpet Cover fitted to hide it....

Displaying on the Headunit....

Moving along.....

After seeing some pics of another forum members (GarethB on here) interior trim pieces that had been Hydro dipped (also called Water Transfer Printing) I decided to chav up my own interior dash trim pieces by having them Hydro Dipped in a Carbon Fibre effect pattern so I bought a spare, complete Top Dash assembly from an Edition30 that is being broken up and I also bought the correct blender/surround for the Mk6 Climate Control unit, sent them off and a week or so later I received them back. I'm well chuffed with the finish so have bought a load more interior pieces to send off for Hydro dipping.

As I purchased it.....

Stripped to be sent off......

All done. The first stage was to paint the base, mine was painted a very Dark Grey then after it had dried it was dipped into the Carbon Fibre film/water and then finally a deep gloss lacquer was applied.......

et viola.......

If your interested, i used Hydro-Graffix, they're based in Maidstone and the main man is Adrian. I went for the CF012 Carbon Fibre dip. There's a multitude of designs that can be applied to a plethora of base colours so your options are endless.

Their site.......

~~ Clicky here ~~

A generic YouTube video on Hydro Dipping, interesting stuff and very clever IMO.......

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

I wanted to get shot of the bright red Hazard Switch so I bought a black Hazard Switch from Alex at AKS. Bit of a marmite mod as some like em, some think their sh*t and some say they're even dangerous but I LOVE IT!!!

There's a Group Buy on the forum for these bad boys and for those that are interested, they're only £20 so If your not keen its no big lose!!  :party:.......

~~ Clicky here ~~

Or buy one direct from the AKSTuning site......

~~ Clicky here ~~

The old red one and the new black one side by side.....

All back together......

Everything fitted

Before.........

After.......

A few of the Hydro Dipping.....

Finally (for now at least) a few other little purchases

New OEM rubber mats....

OEM Cargo nets and a Millers Oil sticker (to remind me which oil I now use  :grin:).....

GTI Seat Inserts......

OSIR Dead Pedal.....

Decided on a dead pedal so plumbed for the ridiculously priced OSIR one. OSIR's website (link below) have some awesome bits and pieces in Carbon Fibre albeit NOT cheap. Any OSIR parts can be bought/ordered from the thettshop.com as they're the UK distributor for OSIR. You can't buy OSIR Mk5 products from their site just email or phone them.

~~ Clicky here ~~

Bought a complete interior LED lighting kit and number plate LED's. The kit was advertised/mentioned in a thread on the forum by Carlo (Monte on here) and sold by a chap called Matt. The improvement in lighting is incredible and makes a real difference when getting in or out of the car.

The original thread (link below) on the LED Interior Lighting. All the details on where from? how much? and how to fit? Are all in the thread.....

~~ Clicky here ~~

Couple of the LED lighting.....

And a MY10 Polo Aerial....

IMHO all of the above mods are great mods, from the MFSW right down to the Seat Inserts that cost less than a tenner, all well worth it and all add something different.

I'm sure there's a few other I've done a few other bits that have been done recently but I'd be buggered if I can remember them!  :laugh:

As always, any queries, likes or dislikes please feel free to spam away!

:happy2:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 04:54:37 pm by MC71 »

Offline brookesb32

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 75
Re: MC71's Red Mistress - UPDATE 2nd Feb
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 07:07:02 pm »
Martin that all looks properly bang on!  :congrats: :congrats:
VCDS cable HEX-USB+CAN. New but can do the basics including coding

Offline J12spk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 22
  • VW PERVERT
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2014, 07:17:10 pm »
This is an awesome build thread! So much inspiration and ideas for everyone! Great job, just a shame Eddie wasn't more centre Uk! Handy for everyone then!

What's next?
 :popcornsoda:

Das Auto

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2014, 07:44:10 pm »
Very nice

The stereo surround looks even better in the flesh :drool: well worth the price
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline N8KOW

• Detailer - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 7
    • Kowalski Details
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2014, 07:48:52 pm »
AMAZIN  :laugh: :congrats: :popcornsoda:
IG: http://instagram.com/kowalskidetails
2014 Mk7 Golf R on Order...

Offline GarethB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2014, 07:58:06 pm »
Fantastic update  :congrats:

Loving all the new mods. I need to get me a mk6 steering wheel - it transforms the interior  :happy2:

Offline fab5freddy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 238
  • -Receive: 239
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2014, 08:06:02 pm »
 :congrats: :congrats:

Superb Martin, great job  :drool:

Offline JaseGti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
    • Remoteclothing
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2014, 08:15:08 pm »
Wow big improvement there.

Looks well nice
CW is the way forwards

Remoteclothing.com

Offline Simon_2.0t

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2014, 08:21:07 pm »
Love the upgrade mate  :happy2:

One of the best out there.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2014, 10:00:04 pm »
Cheers y'all, too kind!  :notworthy: Its getting there.............................slowly

What's next? Some better external illumination, some upgraded handling stuff and more power POWER, oh and more dipped things (something like that anyway)!

:happy2:

« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 12:22:29 pm by MC71 »

Offline George10

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2014, 10:17:11 pm »
That steering wheel  :party:
Some nice touches here