Make a donation

Author Topic: BD's Black 3 Door GTI  (Read 17886 times)

Offline bad devotions

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 22
Re: BD's Black 3 Door GTI
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2017, 08:50:44 pm »
Clay bar. Wow! I am never polishing a car again without using clay first. Never used it before, but today I cleaned the car using the following; rinse, snowfoam, rinse, wash, dry, clay, Poorboy's then wax. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to do the entire car, only one panel was clayed, polished then waxed. Good stuff that clay though!

Offline bad devotions

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2017, 05:16:51 pm »
not much going on since i got the wheels. Got a dog bone insert waiting to go in, but need to dedicate a bit of time to it. I did however manage to treat the car to a right good going over.... rinse, snowfoam, rinse, wash, clay, polish and then waxed. I am absolutely knackered but well pleased with the results.

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 99
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2017, 10:27:56 pm »
Wow! Your hard work really looks like it's paid off. I thought mine was pretty clean but yours puts it to shame, well done.  :congrats:

Offline bad devotions

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2017, 11:33:39 am »
Wow! Your hard work really looks like it's paid off. I thought mine was pretty clean but yours puts it to shame, well done.  :congrats:

Thanks dude. It was something i was keen to do for a while but couldn't commit to it. One thing i have noticed though is that i think my rear left panel has had a re-spray. The paint doesn't seem as good as the rest and is slightly dull. There is a scratch on that panel which i need to get sorted at some point so might investigate..