Make a donation

Author Topic: Service intervals  (Read 1548 times)

Offline strapper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Service intervals
« on: October 07, 2009, 06:14:48 pm »
I have a 2006 55 plate mk5 gti with 54k miles on the clock. The car has been serviced twice once at 27k miles and the other at 49k miles using the long life service intervals. Because of the type of driving I am doing in the car I have decided to do time and date servicing, 10,000 miles or 1 year which ever comes 1st. I think the car will need serviced before it reaches 59k miles in December so I will put it into VW then.
Does anyone Know what mileage that the timing belt should be replaced? I think it may be 60k miles or 5 years??
Also is it advisable to replace the water pump etc at this time also??
Thanks, any answers will be appreciated :happy2:
Tornado red mk5 Gti no more
Tornado red 3dr mk5 R32, leather recaros, satnav, arm rest, electricaly folding wing mirrors, sunroof, parking sensors, wOOwzers I've just made a mess of my trousers!l
Mk7 Gti 5dr solid white

Offline Caz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
  • Golf GT Sport TDi - called Gordon
    • Email
Re: Service intervals
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 05:59:58 pm »
wow serviced twice on longlife at 27 and 49k??? the intervals for longlife servicing is a max of 20k and 2 years between services, whichever comes first..

cambelt and tensioner should be replacved at 60k or 4 years, whichever comes first.. advise water pump at same time.. :)
".. in the process of learning the vw service trade!"

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 04:01:44 pm »
am going on t&d service i do 2 miles a day-- :signLOL:

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 11:04:39 pm »
Wow...two miles a day is pretty bad. I previously worked close to work and would drive in (4 miles door to door). Because of the short duration, I'd take the car out for a blast at least once a week if not twice a week.

Even now, I can walk to work but occasionally need to take the car in (to drive to other places) so when I drive home, I take a longer router -enough for the car to reach full operating temperature.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.