Make a donation

Author Topic: How do I tell what exhaust I have?  (Read 940 times)

Offline Karl_mac_

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
How do I tell what exhaust I have?
« on: March 10, 2014, 01:24:28 pm »
When I bought my car it had an exhaust already fitted, i've been told its a blueflame cat back, which to be honest I thought sounded pretty loud for just a cat back.

At the weekend I went out with a mate in his Focus ST fitted with 3" decat and a Mongoose 'Section 59' exhaust, so called because its effing loud. When we parked up a few people commented that at full chat mine was much louder than his and were convinced mine must be de-catted.

I've got the MOT in april, is there anyway I can quickly check for a decat pipe/downpipe.

I've looked down the back of the engine (from the top) and it all looks pretty much brand new down there, but haven't got a standard car to compare it against.
VW Golf GTi DSG2.0 TFSI : DSG : BBS LM : Blueflame exhaust : Pipercross Venom Induction : Eibach Springs
VW Lupo1.4l : Automatic : White : Stickers.

Offline biffobear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
Re: How do I tell what exhaust I have?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 06:36:58 pm »
Is it a standard downpipe?

Offline Karl_mac_

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 09:08:31 pm »
Is it a standard downpipe?

No idea, what am I looking for?
VW Golf GTi DSG2.0 TFSI : DSG : BBS LM : Blueflame exhaust : Pipercross Venom Induction : Eibach Springs

Offline biffobear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 04:31:40 pm »
If it's standard it will have 2 cats,one where the downpipe joins the manifold and another at the end of downpipe near the middle of car. Aftermarket downpipe will have one cat

Offline Karl_mac_

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 04:44:15 pm »
If it's standard it will have 2 cats,one where the downpipe joins the manifold and another at the end of downpipe near the middle of car. Aftermarket downpipe will have one cat

Thank you! Will have a scrabble round later.