Make a donation

Author Topic: Video removed  (Read 3120 times)

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Video removed
« on: December 07, 2008, 11:07:34 am »
Guys, i have removed the video that was posted, because of something happening to a person we know on the other site and i am just making sure it doesn't happen with the person who posted this one as well.
I only moved it as a precautionary measure. Basically its better to be safe than sorry.  :drinking:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Video removed
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 12:10:28 pm »
^^^^

Perhaps it would be a good idea to make a forum 'rule' that no vids of such behaviour in cars should be posted on this site.

And also, if you haven't already, cover yourselves as the site owners as having no responsibility whatsoever for what members post.

This site (in my opinion) should not condone irresponsible/inappropriate driving and/or boasting about such behaviour. [Now I really am talking like everyone's dad!]

We don't want to be all tarred with the same brush or associated with bad driving or bring the GTI into bad repute like the Saxo etc.

Have Fun Journeys but Safe Journeys.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 12:25:11 pm »
Thanks Red, there are various forum rules and guidelines, this is the one one posted in members intro's.
As usual people are people and just like a Ikea flat pack people dont always read the information provided.
This is were we should just look out for each other and if someone makes a mistake we should all help sort it out. The person who posted the video has apologised and thanked us for sorting it out so subject closed happy days.  :grouphug:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=51.0

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 12:47:21 pm »
Guys, i have removed the video that was posted, because of something happening to a person we know on the other site

What happened? Obviously I missed something over there.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 01:00:19 pm »
You didn't miss anything Stealth, you replied in the thread, it was just removed because we dont want people posting videos of that type on this forum, as the first 2 posts above explain.  :wink:

EDIT: sorry Stealth i thought you meant this thread. i cant commeent on the other ops thread as i would not know were to find it, and it is a private matter for that person.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 01:05:01 pm by Top Cat »

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 02:17:51 pm »
YEah I knew about the thread here. Didn't know about the video posting on the other site or what happened.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 06:44:25 pm »
All it was stealthwolf was a remapped ed30 struggling to put any power donn from different speeds. No such problem for both you and myself  :wink:.

Well done mods for removing :smiley: