Make a donation

Author Topic: Am I about to become broke.  (Read 11259 times)

wez3000

Re: Am I about to become broke.
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2014, 02:28:00 pm »
Just had this happen with mine on a family day out with the kids. Oil pressure warning came on so i stopped let it cool down and checked the oil everything was fine. Drove another 8 miles and still fine but returning home(16 miles) it came on again and kept going off/on. I'm just hoping I've not done some serious damage! :sick:

Made the stupid mistake of starting it again today to check if it's working and it started fine although it did sound a lot louder and could sort of hear something spinning like a small moter :s Turned it straight back off and spent the last few hours reading up online which has seriously scared the life out of me!

It's being recovered Monday By my usual local garage and the blokes saying to just leave it and hope for the best.

Only had the oil changed a couple weeks ago too so I'm hoping just the sump and pipe needs cleaning.

I know this thread a little old but hopefully someone can give me some good news  :sad1:

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2014, 07:04:45 pm »
what mileage has your motor done?

hope you get the good news you're after  :happy2:

wez3000

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2014, 07:28:16 pm »
what mileage has your motor done?

hope you get the good news you're after  :happy2:

Done 52k and just been serviced with oil change after 12k since last change. The thought of needing a new engine is just too much! Thanks mate  :happy2: