Make a donation

Author Topic: Advice please, not sure what to do .... Baby seat  (Read 2052 times)

Offline Jonathon555

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Advice please, not sure what to do .... Baby seat
« on: April 17, 2014, 07:33:13 pm »
Well the wife has a lovely ED30 3 door , but with a new baby imminent . We are struggling with getting the baby seat to fit.

We bought a maxi cosi easy fix base, isofix and belt fitting. Maxi cosi cabriofix seat

I have tried fitting the base in the back and it fits fine, but getting the baby seat onto the base is a pain. The seat is hard to get into the rear between the b pillar and the passenger seat.

So i tried the base in the front using the seat belt, but due to the seat shape the base just does not sit well. It seems to impact into the seat bolsters.

I have tried to fit the seat without the base in the passenger seat & it fits ok just using the seat belt. But if you do not get the belt fitting right it may be dangerous.

Not sure what to do.

Should we sell the ED30 ? And buy a family barge nissan juke / qashcow (which is regrettable as we both love the ED30) and it would be hard to find another one later

Or somehow make the baby transport ED30 work for us.

Any advice appreciated

Offline Beddie

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
Re: Advice please, not sure what to do .... Baby seat
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 07:44:03 pm »
We struggled ourselves to fit a maxicosi carry seat into out 3 door ed30, like you it wasn't so much getting the base and seat to fit in the rear but more getting the seat in and out of the car past the front seats, was hard enough with the empty carry seat so no chance with a baby in too!  :grin:
Had a bit more luck with a graco carryseat a friend gave us but ultimately it was so much of a faff that we chopped the car in for a 5 door..
Imo you don't have to get rid of the 30 in a rush, maybe try some other seat solutions at Mothercare first etc  :happy2:

Also I'd have to agree that the bolsters in the front do make getting some car seats to fit correctly! The back can be a pain too tbh, after our little lad had outgrown the carryseat type we had trouble finding a regular car seat that I was happy was sat 'in' the rear seat rather than 'on' it, spoke to VW who recommended the Recaro young sport and it honestly fits perfectly  :happy2:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 07:49:18 pm by Beddie »

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline skard

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 07:46:27 pm »
I have a 3dr ED30 and have a Be-Safe seat with izi go ISOFIX and they both go in no problems.

However my car will not be getting used much longer as I'll be selling it.

If you change it, look at the Tiguan over any Nissan poo (I got the wife a Tig)
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline AdamJ007

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 04:07:05 pm »
I understand you. We had a Honda civic with 2 doors when our first child was born. It was really something scary to fasten and unfasten the to fasten seat belts every time. We ordered a car seat for 3-year old when out son achieved this age and it was really much more convenient than the previous one so we could easily to fix him in it and to take away from the car. It is better to choose from the beginning a comfortable chair model for such a car so as not to suffer later.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 08:51:09 am by AdamJ007 »

Offline AlanMcLean

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 06:02:44 pm »
I understand you. We had a Honda civic with 2 doors when our first child was born. It was really something scary to fasten and unfasten the to fasten seat belts every time. We ordered a car seat for 3-year old when out son achieved this age and it was really much more convenient than the previous one so we could easily to fix him in it and to take away from the car. It is better to choose from the beginning a comfortable chair model for such a car so as not to suffer later.
I’m going to check this later. Thanks

Offline Jodie Allan

• Thank You
  • Extreme organizer. Hardcore gamer. Coffee expert.
    • SlotsSpot.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 09:15:10 am »
I’m going to check this later. Thanks

Yes, this one is good. We bought it too.
It sounds like something from a Woody Guthrie song, but it's true I was raised in a freight car.