Make a donation

Author Topic: I need you help guys with spacers  (Read 4536 times)

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: I need you help guys with spacers
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 09:25:41 pm »
if you go for 5 mm ones it leaves about 5 mm of hub left ,  a firm on ebay will make you a tapered spigot ring so the wheel will still locate on to said ring and hub , its not brilliant but it does work  :happy2: 

Cheers for that Candy do you know the name of the company, its got to be worth investigating.  :smiley:
spigot rings uk , they are in bradford  01274 524666   , you need 57.1 dia 5 mm wide  with 45 deg taper :happy2:

Cheers bud. i am guessing then these are what MR Danza is kindly lending me.  :happy2:

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 09:29:06 pm »
no , they are the spacers with the taper to fit the hub (make sure you fit them the right way round ) these rings fit on after the spacer to match the profile of the back of the wheel !   if that makes scence ??? :confused:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 09:42:53 pm »
Ah i think i know what you mean now my TD's have a plastic spigot ring with them, so your saying the spacer would not be VAG group specific like the TD's wheels are not and fitting this would give a better contact area between the wheel and the spacer.  :rolleye:

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2009, 05:21:15 pm »
not really , i would recommend eibach spacers which are drilled for vag ( about £35 ) then fit the spigot rings dont forget you ll need longer bolts too  :happy2: