Make a donation

Author Topic: What do think of these?  (Read 7914 times)

Offline keith

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
Re: What do think of these?
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2008, 10:08:06 pm »
I like them a lot.
now £$ euro shrapnel..... the cost of metal is at an all time low at the moment lead & copper worth nowt so how come alloy wheels are still so expensive?

Offline The wheel man

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2008, 12:39:26 pm »
I like them a lot.
now £$ euro shrapnel..... the cost of metal is at an all time low at the moment lead & copper worth nowt so how come alloy wheels are still so expensive?

The price for alloy is lower that its been for a v long time, problme is that the exchange rate has more than made up for any difference in price.  We have been taking a big loss in profit for the past few months due to the £/$ rate, this drop in alloy cost will not be passed on as it will make up the increase from the exchange rate.  All these intrest rate cuts are killing the import's..........  Darling is not helping the majority of businesses!!  :mad:
APR cat back, ECS Insert

Offline lswed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2008, 02:04:34 pm »
Dont get me started.

We used to get £800/tonne of Ali scrap, now we have to pay to get it taken away. were all up sh it creek without a paddle at the moment. 

This hasn't had an knock on effect with buying it in due to the energy/refining prices being so sky high. Tooling prices are up as well as are anodising costs.

Lets invade europe so we can have all the energy and aluminium mines............ ohh wait that would make us Russian

Rant over

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2008, 02:20:19 pm »
^^^^

It's not just aluminium - Recycling all sorts of materials is getting reduced, even stopped, just because of costs. It's meant to be all about improving the environment and encouraging less waste of materials! :fighting:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!