Make a donation

Author Topic: Budgets  (Read 8525 times)

Offline NeilM

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
Re: Budgets
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 03:17:45 pm »
I use the 'move the decimal point one position to the left' method when I tell the misses how much things have cost  :happy2:

Offline joesgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 03:29:34 pm »
I use the 'move the decimal point one position to the left' method when I tell the misses how much things have cost  :happy2:

nice!!  :happy2:

cheers for the tip  :laugh:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 07:48:46 pm »
LOL

The wifee's given up asking me. No sooner has one part arrived than another one is on the way :grin:
Golf R gone.

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 09:54:28 pm »
I remember when I had my milltek fitted, week later my mate collected my old exhaust and brough it round - Mrs asked what it was - if she hadnt of seen I would have got away with it.

Overall I dont think she really minds ... well as long as she gets what she wants too!

Offline NeilM

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 11:33:34 am »
I dont think I'm the first to use the point move method, can a PRADA handbag really cost £14.99?

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2008, 11:38:34 am »
I like the "I've had it for ages" excuse my misses comes up with when I know full well its the latest design :grin:

Offline NEWEY

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 11:44:19 am »
I like the "I've had it for ages" excuse my misses comes up with when I know full well its the latest design :grin:

Lol so true. Its swings and roundabouts when it comes to this type of stuff. But i usually knock off a couple of pound when telling her how much things cost ;) :driver: like she thinks the map and exhaust is only costing £600 next week :laugh:

TSR powered 1.9 16v mk2 Golf GTI
TSR big turbo mk5 golf gti

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 01:23:13 pm »
But i usually knock off a couple of pound when telling her how much things cost ;) :driver: like she thinks the map and exhaust is only costing £600 next week :laugh:

....Until she reads your post here! :evilgrin:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline NEWEY

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 01:41:45 pm »
But i usually knock off a couple of pound when telling her how much things cost ;) :driver: like she thinks the map and exhaust is only costing £600 next week :laugh:

....Until she reads your post here! :evilgrin:

then i will be in trouble  :confused:

TSR powered 1.9 16v mk2 Golf GTI
TSR big turbo mk5 golf gti

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2008, 03:35:36 pm »
ive finally won the battle over mine today, Deposit put down on a " Modification" that i want for early January, and shes given up all hope of me Pinning like a spoil kid :wink:.

Ive done not bad after all, getting back into a GTi was totally outa the question, now i own another one and will have it shortly that ive wanted for a long time.
 :smiley:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2008, 03:39:31 pm »

Would you care to explain why you know all the latest design's of handbags.  :xmaslaugh:

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2008, 03:53:12 pm »
 :laugh: I wasn't just refering to handbags as such, it was a sweeping statement :P

Offline The wheel man

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2008, 05:16:38 pm »
If i had the money to spend....   Ã‚£Â£Â£Â£Â£Â£Â£Â£Â£  but as i dont ijm still a modding virgin  :ashamed:
APR cat back, ECS Insert

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2008, 12:30:50 pm »
I thought it was just me sneaking around and trying to hide the cost from my wife and also living in denial that this is a kind of addiction  :grin: :grin: :grin:  In fact I was too embarressed to even mention it on here or golfgti.co.uk just in case you guys thought I was mad.  :signLOL:

I told my wife that my recent visits to JKM only cost £1200 - then it went up to £2000... problem is that I was out working in Hook and then driving to Hurdy's to pick up his Pescaras when she rang and told me that the bank statement had come through and was there anything I wanted to confess before I got an earfull  :chicken:  I feigned ignorance and said I don't know - and then she hit me with the bombshell - WHAT!  Over £5500 spent  :surprised:  and after she'd recovered, she said what time are you getting home as I want something from Blockbusters and Nandos so you can make it up to me  :scared:  I daren't tell her I was heading to Hurdy in Sheffield instead of Ipswich and wouldn't be back home until after 10pm.  I gave her 'the M25 is very very very busy' spiel.  Suffice to say I left Sheffield at around 8:30pm and got to Ipswich at 10:40pm  :driver:  Tested those mods out to the max on the way back   :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:  Have to say that I gained particular benefit from the Revo Stage 2 Remap and Bilstein Coliover mods than anything else on the way back  :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: 

I reckon I've spent over £7k including the BBS CH alloys or almost £8k including Hurdy's Pescaras  :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: 

Still haven't learned though - I found myself thinking how I could get the LSD done in a couple of weeks when reading Red Robins write up on them... until I realised that I wouldn't have anything left AT ALL if I did that, not good, not good...  I might scour the garage to fund that purchase or wait till Feb - but that line in his post 'are you ready for your car to be transformed' really got me wanting an LSD RIGHT NOW!   :driver:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 04:50:29 pm by illyun »

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2008, 04:59:46 pm »
I thought it was just me sneaking around and trying to hide the cost from my wife and also living in denial that this is a kind of addiction  :grin: :grin: :grin:  In fact I was too embarressed to even mention it on here or golfgti.co.uk just in case you guys thought I was mad.  :signLOL:

I told my wife that my recent visits to JKM only cost £1200 - then it went up to £2000... problem is that I was out working in Hook and then driving to Hurdy's to pick up his Pescaras when she rang and told me that the bank statement had come through and was there anything I wanted to confess before I got an earfull  :chicken:  I feigned ignorance and said I don't know - and then she hit me with the bombshell - WHAT!  Over £5500 spent  :surprised:  and after she'd recovered, she said what time are you getting home as I want something from Blockbusters and Nandos so you can make it up to me  :scared:  I daren't tell her I was heading to Hurdy in Sheffield instead of Ipswich and wouldn't be back home until after 10pm.  I gave her 'the M25 is very very very busy' spiel.  Suffice to say I left Sheffield at around 8:30pm and got to Ipswich at 10:40pm  :driver:  Tested those mods out to the max on the way back   :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:  Have to say that I gained particular benefit from the Revo Stage 2 Remap and Bilstein Coliover mods than anything else on the way back  :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: 

I reckon I've spent over £7k including the BBS CH alloys or almost £8k including Hurdy's Pescaras  :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: 

I went to paperless billing and online banking and so any contraband I want to slip under the radar doesn't get picked up :happy2:
Golf R gone.