Make a donation

Author Topic: Budgets  (Read 8650 times)

Phil Mcavity

Re: Budgets
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2008, 05:56:04 pm »
jesus and there's me finally getting a £400 miltek and getting the guilt trip!!! :sad:

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2008, 09:29:09 pm »
jesus and there's me finally getting a £400 miltek and getting the guilt trip!!! :sad:

Only £400 eh Phil... well let me tell you your chain of thought as soon as that Milltek's on the car and you're driving home...  :evilgrin:

You'ill be thinking, I need the Hi-Flow Sports Cat to make the most of that Milltek Cat Back, and then you might as well take a look at the whole of the engine 'breathing' system to make sure their are no bottlenecks - otherwise, it would ruin the Miltek gains - so things like either Carbonio would have to be on the shopping list... or you could do it properly and get a real cold air intake like the EVOMS one... and after all that, you would have to get a remap to take full advantage of the bolt-on mods... Stage 1 Revo and circa 300bhp can't be sniffed at... oh hang on, Stage 2 is only £50 more so you might as well go the whole hog... and then you might need an aftermarket fuel pump then - what the hell... just chuck it in, you've come so far already - and of course, a Forge DV.  Then you'ill stand back and think..  :surprised:  hang on, what about the handling?!  Of course, you'ill have to go out and get Koni FSD/Eiback Springs - or expensive coilies - and the white line anti lift kit - a snitch at around an affordable £130 and maybe some anti-roll bars to round it all off.   Then you'ill look at your bank balance - hovering somewhere around 0 or some unmentionable negative number and truely understand the words of the wise elder Red Robin, who warned you that this is a slippery slope.   :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: 

Oh.. but you'ill have a monster of a car that will blow your mind when you drive it - but only for a few days until you get used to it and bored.. and then the modding will start all over again - anyone for Stage 3 Revo and 450bhp?  :surprised: :evilgrin:

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2008, 09:33:54 pm »
Illyun, we need some more pics of your wheels  :happy2: :love: :xmastree:

EDIT: Just found them Illyun  :signIWS:

« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 09:37:54 pm by Greenouse »

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2008, 09:39:12 pm »

Only £400 eh Phil... well let me tell you your chain of thought as soon as that Milltek's on the car and you're driving home...  :evilgrin:

You'ill be thinking, I need the Hi-Flow Sports Cat to make the most of that Milltek Cat Back, and then you might as well take a look at the whole of the engine 'breathing' system to make sure their are no bottlenecks - otherwise, it would ruin the Miltek gains - so things like either Carbonio would have to be on the shopping list... or you could do it properly and get a real cold air intake like the EVOMS one... and after all that, you would have to get a remap to take full advantage of the bolt-on mods... Stage 1 Revo and circa 300bhp can't be sniffed at... oh hang on, Stage 2 is only £50 more so you might as well go the whole hog... and then you might need an aftermarket fuel pump then - what the hell... just chuck it in, you've come so far already - and of course, a Forge DV.  Then you'ill stand back and think..  :surprised:  hang on, what about the handling?!  Of course, you'ill have to go out and get Koni FSD/Eiback Springs - or expensive coilies - and the white line anti lift kit - a snitch at around an affordable £130 and maybe some anti-roll bars to round it all off.   Then you'ill look at your bank balance - hovering somewhere around 0 or some unmentionable negative number and truely understand the words of the wise elder Red Robin, who warned you that this is a slippery slope.   :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: 

Oh.. but you'ill have a monster of a car that will blow your mind when you drive it - but only for a few days until you get used to it and bored.. and then the modding will start all over again - anyone for Stage 3 Revo and 450bhp?  :surprised: :evilgrin:
illyun ,you are awfull, and i expect you to be at the Pod feb 1st if your still in the country.Did Kate tell you at jkm i came down to see you when your car was in, but i didnt know you'd changed the day!??

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2008, 09:46:26 pm »

You have just basically summarized my life.........

Just change the figures to suit a GTI instead of an ED30 and we're there!!
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2008, 10:07:37 pm »

You have just basically summarized my life.........

Just change the figures to suit a GTI instead of an ED30 and we're there!!

very well put illyun. my spending does conform to that speal! haha!

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2008, 10:53:45 pm »
illyun ,you are awfull, and i expect you to be at the Pod feb 1st if your still in the country.Did Kate tell you at jkm i came down to see you when your car was in, but i didnt know you'd changed the day!??

Nope, Kate didn't mention it  :confused:  Oh well... I thought you may have ben busy but now I know better  - JKM conspiracy  :fighting:   :grin: :grin: :grin:  Thanks for going round though...

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2008, 10:58:17 pm »

^ SWMBO ^ :evilgrin:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2008, 10:59:27 pm »

^ SWMBO ^ :evilgrin:

haha!! thats quality, aka pussy whipped! ergh...what a crude saying!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2008, 11:49:14 pm »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!