Make a donation

Author Topic: replica gtis/ed30s/R32s  (Read 21634 times)

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: replica gtis/ed30s/R32s
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2009, 09:38:53 am »
Ive Put a GTD badge on mine! is that not cool? haha!

i dont know why im asking like i care, cos to be honest, i dont! im sure you purists agains reps wont mind me using a GTD badge.

Btw...i do cringe when i see a 316i with 16" rims with an M3 badge! haha!

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2009, 11:29:29 am »
you should come huddersfield mate ill show you gti replicas that you wont be able to tell apart unless you open the bonnet.

Huddersfield is where its at homey!

TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2009, 11:42:15 am »
he is spot on Tom with the r32/gti reps over our way brug cars  :rolleye:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline DubwayDan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2009, 12:44:48 pm »
i agree with all that is said here,

no point badging a car with an engine model when it isnt that engine as you will just be embarrased when you come up against one........ apart from a mapped r32 in my case  :grin:

kept my tsi badge  :happy2:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2009, 02:38:00 pm »
you should come huddersfield mate ill show you gti replicas that you wont be able to tell apart unless you open the bonnet.

There's some dude who lives near me in Lindley who has got a black TDI (I suspect) that looks absolutely identical to my GTi. There's another steel grey car with a red splitter that I presume isn't a proper GTi. It's crazy, I'll never understand why these people don't dedicate their time and money to affording the real thing. It's a thumbs down from me.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2009, 02:42:41 pm »

There's some dude who lives near me in Lindley who has got a black TDI (I suspect) that looks absolutely identical to my GTi. There's another steel grey car with a red splitter that I presume isn't a proper GTi. It's crazy, I'll never understand why these people don't dedicate their time and money to affording the real thing. It's a thumbs down from me.

Insurance may be a major factor with this as depending on their age Insurer's may refuse to insure them on a 'real' version of whatever it is they are attempting to copy.  :happy2:

I'm sure most of us have suffered at the hands of a big nasty Insurance company trying to charge you double what the car is worth!!!! Don't be a hater Mr Parker!  :wink:

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2009, 02:51:52 pm »
ok,,,, jumping in...... for what its worth its ETTO and i think most gti owners can see an "engineered " item but if it looks good i can appreciate the time thought and moolah put into it.some of the build threads iv read are just mindblowing for the ingenuity and the work processes gone in to them so for those guys :congrats:

it does make me laugh if they badge it up to be something its not but it aint gonna hurt my feelings so i just shrug and laugh.
and at the end of the day if you cant afford a gti/r32 or the insurance/tax then building one aint a bad option.........

BUT...... if they are gonna do it, make it look good cos if people see crappy looking shoddy stuck on chavmobiles then it makes everyone question the quality of a veedub in general.

i dont wanna be associated with a16yr old with a naff lookylikey!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh breathe,, feel better now :ashamed:
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2009, 02:53:46 pm »
Don't be a hater Mr Parker!  :wink:

I..........can't,..........help..........it! Must.....resist!

Offline Alexander

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2009, 03:41:13 pm »
no point badging a car with an engine model when it isnt that engine as you will just be embarrased when you come up against one........ apart from a mapped r32 in my case  :grin:

:congrats: :happy2: that was brilliant!
2005 Black Audi A3 Sportback TDI-Bose and Full Leather
2005 Black 3Dr GTI-Leather and Upgraded Sound System-Gone

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2009, 03:56:29 pm »
I follow your conclusions, at the same time i have the r32 badge on the r32 front of my gti, is that wrong?
I would love to get an r20 badge made but it has to look original.
Without the r32 the front looks like a jetta, and i ustify my r32 badge with the car having 318hk and as nearest round number is 320 and of with the zero, there you have= 32 :jumping:
And with the other mods the r is justified  :innocent:
Anyone here able to make a r20 badge tha fits the r32 front???

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Merlinman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2009, 05:23:02 pm »
Well, I'm with mortygttdi and JPC on this one.

My '08 170GT TDI has GTI side skirts and grilles and a lovely colour coded rear GTI Bumper covering my removable towbar. (All genuine VAG parts and noted by my insurers)

It also has GTD badges front and rear.....

Does that make me 'beyond the pale' or a leper?  :laugh:

I think not - I really think what I've done is entirely tasteful -and no different in essence to the many 'mods' - both cosmetic and performance - that lots of folks on here have carried out?

Some of you will know that I joined this happy band as a Revo'd GTI owner (Steel Grey '07 MY), but being retired, I now enjoy the lower running costs, greater economy and brisk cruising that my 'oiler' gives me!

And it certainly isn't about money in my case.....

Hey we're all chums here aren't we?  :happy2:

Offline red-snake

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • RED-SNAKE
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2009, 08:10:59 pm »
andrewparker  is the 1 nere you parked on cowrakes rd if yes thats mine.
the steel grey is my mates and there a black1 with a red lip is 1 of my mates 2  iv just got a smashed 3dr witch will be on rd soon good to no huddersfield on the map

:P

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2009, 08:13:46 pm »
lol
iv seen replica gti's that are fully loaded and look better than the real gti's
i myself own a replica gti and a real 1 and i more thing iv seen 200bhp gt tdi leave a 200 bhp gti at the lights so just because you own the real deal dont make it all that

and r32's aint all that there just hyped up drug dealer cars round here i see 17/18 year old kids rag the sh?@ out of them

Maybe they can afford them? An R32 is hardly expensive, i look young and rag the sh*t out of mine  :evilgrin:

If the real deal isnt all that then why have you gone to such lengths to copy it? Maybe you should get some imagination and do something different.

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2009, 08:24:37 pm »
Back in the day, the early nineties, I always fancied getting a sapphire cosworth and taking it the opposite way, by making it look like a 1.6L, would have been great fun in the traffic light grand prix.
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline red-snake

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • RED-SNAKE
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2009, 08:29:06 pm »
lol iv had the real deal in both r32 and gti just fined it a bit much to run still have a gti mate.
 and i like spending money on my car to make it look nice. but id rather live in a big house than drive round all day putting petrol in my car when half the fuc'{@g money goes to tax.
man so i got a gt tdi because its cheaper but id love to meet and talk more face to face see if u do rag ur car. im sure i could fined some were we could race see who rags theres more