Make a donation

Author Topic: The BCS Golf GTi MK5 R32 Conversion  (Read 27096 times)

Offline andybon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 8
Re: The BCS Golf GTi MK5 R32 Conversion
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2015, 12:20:39 pm »
Wish I'd have known about this place before I had one done at pipe werx!

Only down the road from me too!
How hard can it be?

Offline azzii1992

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2015, 12:18:33 am »
Love the look of these exhausts. So they only really sound loud when you give it beans?? I was looking into having a butterfly valve put in by an exhaust company by me in a few months. So with a touch of a button it opens and acts as a full through.  How much would you charge for the r32 style rear just the cat back system. And then how much fr the additional sports cat. I've got the r32 bumper just need repair and paint.

Offline Powervalve Nige

• Trader - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 84
  • -Receive: 76
  • Don't get angry, get a beter argument
    • POWERVALVE
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2015, 01:13:01 pm »
The Powervalve concept goes way beyond a simple divertor valve with manual actuation.
For starters it can be dangerous to put any sort of valve into a system that is directly influencing gas flow and leave it to a manual operation to engage/ disengage it. You can imagine the situation - the car is boosting under full load and someone decides to see what happens when you press the button, not good for the turbo. At best a manual valve diverts gas into an accoustic chamber to affect the exhaust sound.
The Powervalve technology allows for the 76mm flow valve to be placed directly into the gas flow affecting sound performance and fuel economy dramatically.
We offer a 10% discount to MK5GolfGTi forum members on our prices listed here...

http://www.powervalve.co.uk/products/vw/golf/mk5/golf-mk5-gti-edition-30-2004-2007-r32-style-centre-exit.html

Cheers
nige