Make a donation

Author Topic: Removing batterie  (Read 2030 times)

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 35
  • If you're smart in this world they call you crazy
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,109742.0.html
Removing batterie
« on: June 12, 2014, 08:24:36 pm »
I'm looking at getting stage one remap from apr but will I lose the map if I disconnect the batterie like with the revo maps?

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: Removing batterie
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 03:08:02 pm »
I'm looking at getting stage one remap from apr but will I lose the map if I disconnect the batterie like with the revo maps?

no you wont.  (REVO doesnt lose the map either, it just resets the settings to zero, the map is sdtil there)

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 35
  • If you're smart in this world they call you crazy
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,109742.0.html
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 04:42:38 pm »
Yes I know but you still got to mess around with the revo switch to get the map running again, so what I mean is If I remove the batterie for what ever reason then install it again on my car with apr stage 1 will it be lost and need to do something to get it working again or can I simple just connect batterie turn key and go play with no fuss?

Cheers

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 11:14:13 am »
Yes I know but you still got to mess around with the revo switch to get the map running again, so what I mean is If I remove the batterie for what ever reason then install it again on my car with apr stage 1 will it be lost and need to do something to get it working again or can I simple just connect batterie turn key and go play with no fuss?

Cheers

Short answer is NO.

However, if you have map switching. What will happen if the ECU is unlocked is as follows.
The ECU will revert to whichever program is set as "slot 1". If that is stock. Will need to use the ECMS instructions to switch to the required slot.
If the ECU is locked in set "slot", then nothing will be required. Best advice I can offer is remember your PIN CODE if you have one.
Otherwise you will be locked in slot 1. If no PIN CODE, then no changing to any other program.