Make a donation

Author Topic: Golf and Scirocco R Launch info  (Read 28391 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Golf and Scirocco R Launch info
« Reply #195 on: November 12, 2009, 07:01:30 pm »

Blimey... Sorry, it just made me chuckle. I didn't mean it maliciously.

....No problem - The written word is sometimes easily misunderstood.  :drinking:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #196 on: November 13, 2009, 01:01:09 pm »
I did think about swapping the R32 in for the R20 until i saw the released prices!! I'd want V6 turbo for that money...
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
« Reply #197 on: November 13, 2009, 01:58:45 pm »
Purchase price aside though, I bet the R20 is cheaper to run day-to-day. And, as has been already mentioned, for what you get for the money, I think it's a good car, relatively speaking - very versatile. Very much an RS6/RS4 Avant for a guys/couples without kids or a dog who still wants to go fast and have fun but needs usable boot space - much like myself.

The next gen. S3 is going to have to be pretty nuts and bl**dy expensive to trump it too!
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #198 on: November 13, 2009, 03:37:18 pm »

Purchase price aside though, I bet the R20 is cheaper to run day-to-day. And, as has been already mentioned, for what you get for the money, I think it's a good car, relatively speaking - very versatile. Very much an RS6/RS4 Avant for a guys/couples without kids or a dog who still wants to go fast and have fun but needs usable boot space - much like myself.

....Exactly! You have just perfectly described why the Golf is such a good allrounder  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!